What a bummer

I'm new to prospecting and have been doing it about 2 1/2 years now. In that time I've done a lot of research online, lots of looking at maps, lots of busted knuckles, lots of falling on my ass down hillsides, lots of dirty days and lots of poison oak... AND lots of good advice from veterans on this board... OK, you get the drift.

But in that time I've met some interesting people while prospecting. Some weekenders like me, and some most people would consider hobo's that come up for the season to get the gold and spend time in the mountains. I've met some interesting people on the river and keep in contact with a couple of them. Some characters for sure, but real good people.

I guess my point is, the pick below is all the gold I've found in all the time I've been prospecting. Pretty sad, huh? But I love the experience and all the times I go out. I've met a lot of good people willing to show me some of the ropes.

I don't know if it's the trill of finding gold or the camaraderie among prospectors I like more... but I love going out either way.

post-29631-130025519066_thumb.jpg

Archived