Free Gold Atlas

As many of you know we do some pretty intensive mapping of specific gold areas. If you want to know about any of the areas we map you only need to get a FootPrint map and you will have all the best information at your fingertips. For the areas we haven't mapped yet we figured we would share with you our "1 mile" solution.

We've found that Google Maps and the geocommunicator are generally accurate within about one mile. Not accurate enough to be sure you have a right to prospect but it's pretty good for beginning information to research an area for prospecting. We have developed a series of online mapping sources, including the geocommunicator, that give us a rough idea of some answers about the most basic prospecting questions. Throw all this data on Google Earth and shine up the paint a little and you've got the Gold Atlas.

We've included:

Geology

Topos

Water (Real Time Stream flow reporting)

Weather Reports (Real Time Radar)

Mines

Patents

Mining Claims *

Plans and Notices *

Land Management *

*The last three are live feeds from the geocommunicator. Although live the information displayed is static and only as current as the geocomm was on February 24th 2011.

Ruby and I were disappointed that the geocommunicator went away, even as bad as it was.

Ruby talked to the folks in charge of such things at the BLM and was told the geocomm would not be back. Eventually even the static maps that are included in the Gold Atlas will go away. We are working with the BLM GIS department to find a way to share updated maps on the Gold Atlas - they are being very cooperative and are eager to find a solution too. Hopefully we can bring you new maps before this old version goes away completely.

To help your further research we've included direct access into the lr2000 and the Western States County Recorder's links right in Google Earth.

Try out the Gold Atlas - It's free and so is Google Earth. If you like it or have an idea to make it better let us know and when we have time we will change stuff around for you.

Like I said - it's free- no sign up no email address and no contracts.

Enjoy!

Download Gold Atlas Here.

Read Ruby's excellent "A Quick Guide to Finding BLM Mining Claims with the MinerDiggins Gold Atlas" Here.

clay

MinerDiggins

Subscribe to the NewDiggins Newsletter

*These Claims Maps are a reasonable tool to locate areas of mining interest or to find the general location of an existing claim. Once an area of interest has been found please do your due diligence research before prospecting or staking land. We have provided you with links to the lr2000 and the County Recorders offices to help your research. Ultimately you will need to finish your research on the ground. Mineral Claimants have 90 days before they must file their claims in the Recorder's office.

Thanks for the work and effort. Looking forward to checking out the Footprints maps we ordered from Rob. What am I doning wrong with this. When I click on the Greaterville area on the map it switches to your website I think with a picture of an old timer???? I can't see any additional info on Google Earth???

Wow! Thanks guys. You are all welcome.

I'm glad you are all getting some use from it. I use it several times a week. Let me know if there is anything more that would be helpful. I've got bunches more layers and it's not all that hard to switch it around.

Thanks for the work and effort. Looking forward to checking out the Footprints maps we ordered from Rob. What am I doning wrong with this. When I click on the Greaterville area on the map it switches to your website I think with a picture of an old timer???? I can't see any additional info on Google Earth???

Changing around how the Gold Atlas works is easy. Don't be afraid of breaking it - replacements are free!

To get rid of the yellow FootPrint boxes:

Just uncheck the box next to "FootPrints Gold Maps" in your places panel on the left.

OR

Zoom in past the yellow box walls around the FootPrint area. Everything inside is clear.

If you get tired of any of the map layers you can just turn them off. When you get a set you really like point your cursor at the top blue globe with the words "Gold Atlas" next to it and right click. Choose "Save Place As.." and give it a new name and a place to stay.

When you want to use your new customized version of the Gold Atlas just double click on the file you saved before and it will open Google Earth to the same place and settings you saved. No more Yellow boxes or annoying "Instructions" floating around on your screen!

clay

MinerDiggins

Subscribe to the NewDiggins Newsletter

Archived