ICMJ's Gold Prospecting Summit (show)

ICMJ's Placerville gold show

For those of you who are in the central California / Northern Nevada area, The ICMJ Prospecting and Mining Journal is putting on a large gold show April 23-25 in Placerville, CA with the help of the Mother Lode Goldhounds prospecting club (Where else to have a gold show, but in Placerville?). We will be having a number of vendors, including a bunch that dont normally do the GPAA shows. On the Monday afterward, we will be holding a "hands on" training day at an old Hydraulic pit near Iowa Hill. There is lots of interest - We've already signed up 200 folks for the training day and we cant take any more.

Anyone who reads this - I hope you can make the Placerville show - we still have plenty of room on the vendor days - April 23-24. We will be having a number of great lectures and classroom style teaching on those days. If you're interested you can see more at

I'll post photos of the big Placerville show after its over.

Chris

Wes -

We have permission to park cars at the Sugar Pine Dam boat area, as well as Raleys in Auburn, so we are hoping to carpool a lot of folks in, reducing the number of actual cars on site. You are right that there is not room for 200 cars on site. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Rick - I think coasting all the way back to Mesa might be a slight exaggeration :lol: - See ya there!

Dave - probably best to leave the quad behind for the field day. The private property we have available to use covers many acres, but its not miles and miles - foot access will be just fine. Plus we have limited parking room on site as I noted to Wes.

Chris

Chris, I am on my way now from Colorado to attend, looking forward to learning a lot from you and other folks at the lectures. Shotgun

Chris, I am on my way now from Colorado to attend, looking forward to learning a lot from you and other folks at the lectures. Shotgun

Please come up and introduce yourself with both your forum nick name and your real name. I am also looking forward to meeting everyone.

Chris

What a great summit today. I got to meet several forum members and catch up with some people I had not seen in a while. Chris, I looked for you, but just didn't catch you today. I am sure you were busy with lectures and such. I said hi to your Dad though. Thanks to everybody that put this on. I hope it becomes a annual event. I wish I could make it the next 2 days.

Rick, it's always fun to hang out with you, Robin, and Steve. I just wish I didn't have to drive home and I would have grabbed a couple of those micro brews. It was also really nice to meet some of the forum members like Mark and Mike, John(nvdirtdigger), Paul(I'm a Congress Man), Montana, and highbanker58. Hope I am not forgetting anybody. I can't believe I forgot to grab my ring that Steve made for me to show it off. There was some nice looking stuff for sale at the summit also. Lots of new equipment and a LOT of BIG GOLD! I am glad I only brought 40 bucks. I was able to hold out and only buy a t-shirt and a couple of those 1 pound nugget containers. I think we bought all those containers that he had! Good luck out there today, but I don't think you need any luck! See you soon.

Hey Chris,

You were going 90 looking for chairs for the lecture when I got to say Hi to you!

And it was great to get to see and meet everyone!

Mark, Mike, you need to check your Motherlode website,,,i couldnt use the email listed....maybe i need adult supervision, maybe like a 29 year old blonde!!! :wub: '''easy boy,,,lol

---The fiber looked awesome for hydroponics....i would have loved it in the ["old days"] :spank: .....but i bet it helps grow a beautiful head of lettuce.

Good to meet you Matt and John,,,and everyone else,,,,

That is what I keep saying,,,'it's about the fellowship," not so much the gold.....although... :rolleyes:

paul

Man, Border Boy and AZ Overland, and SD Doug, Kelly....wish you all could have been there!

I went back through Sutter's Mill and Auburn instead of going over 50 again.. and had to stop and pan awhile,,,they wouldnt let me use a sucker bottle,,,lololol,,,,but i got some neat garnets and American River gold!

But most of all i got to help a family learn how to pan---the youngest girl had written a paper on the Gold Rush and was all excited...so i took time to show them some gold i had and meteorite and of course I showed off the 4000,,, and she really fell in love with the Gold Bug 2...

It made my day when I overheard her say to her father as she was walking away, "Daddy, I have to have one of those Gold Bugs!" "He said I think so, too, baby, I think so , too."

Their whole family thanked me for taking time to help out and when I left I was higher than the bridge over the American River.

Happy Ressurection Day to all of you who believe. And to all those of you who dont, have a good day, anyway!

Hey Chris,

You were going 90 looking for chairs for the lecture when I got to say Hi to you!

And it was great to get to see and meet everyone!

Mark, Mike, you need to check your Motherlode website,,,i couldnt use the email listed....maybe i need adult supervision, maybe like a 29 year old blonde!!! :wub: '''easy boy,,,lol

---The fiber looked awesome for hydroponics....i would have loved it in the ["old days"] :spank: .....but i bet it helps grow a beautiful head of lettuce.

Good to meet you Matt and John,,,and everyone else,,,,

That is what I keep saying,,,'it's about the fellowship," not so much the gold.....although... :rolleyes:

paul

Man, Border Boy and AZ Overland, and SD Doug, Kelly....wish you all could have been there!

I went back through Sutter's Mill and Auburn instead of going over 50 again.. and had to stop and pan awhile,,,they wouldnt let me use a sucker bottle,,,lololol,,,,but i got some neat garnets and American River gold!

But most of all i got to help a family learn how to pan---the youngest girl had written a paper on the Gold Rush and was all excited...so i took time to show them some gold i had and meteorite and of course I showed off the 4000,,, and she really fell in love with the Gold Bug 2...

It made my day when I overheard her say to her father as she was walking away, "Daddy, I have to have one of those Gold Bugs!" "He said I think so, too, baby, I think so , too."

Their whole family thanked me for taking time to help out and when I left I was higher than the bridge over the American River.

Happy Ressurection Day to all of you who believe. And to all those of you who dont, have a good day, anyway!

Sounds like you had a great time - and spread the word Paul. Happy Easter Brother, and may God continue to bless you and yours. - Terry

It was great to meet all you guys there! Sounds like we are all going to have a great time this summer, can't wait to get started. Matt thanks again! had a real wet morning and was soaked by 10:00 Matt,Steve,Rick,Robin,Mark,Mike,Chris and all Great hanging with you see ya soon Best of luck! O YA... NICE GOLD!!

Great Job on the show Chris Ralph and company. It was great to have something like that in the motherlode country.

It was a pleasure meetng a lot of the members of this forum.

Matt my 1 lb vial is looking quite empty but I'm taking the optimist view by looking at it as 1/72 full. Were all going to have a lot of good times and memories made filling them up.

Good detour taking the pan out on your way home Paul.

John look forward to a hunt with you soon.

Mike

Chris and ICMJ crew.. thanks a bunch for putting on such a grand event! I had a great time but it turned out to be a social event and spent all my time saying hi and sucking up that great beer that was being served! Great to meet new folks and put faces and real names to many forum members! A bunch of us went out Sunday and started to fill the 1 pound vials on another great hunt! Then Monday I got to give Mike and Mark their first lapidary lessons and they both cut some super cabs! A more than memorable weekend.

wow sounds like a good group and a lot of bs was fling id guess, good for all of you ,wish i could have made it but i doubt i would have made it any better, good times for you all. see all you nor calers in late june/july.

Thanks so much to everyone who attended. It was great to see so many friends, but I'm sorry only had just a little bit of time to talk with folks - I was running around trying to cover things and make sure everything went smoothly.

Its a whole lot different from the GPAA shows where they have the responsibility to make stuff happen, and I only cover the ICMJ booth.

It was a big success and I'll post some pictures here soon.

Mike Mark Rick and Steve, It sounds like you guys had some more great times after the summit! I went out; and I do not have a success story but I do have a lesson learned, Unarmed and alone I went on a prospect only to start out with a Mountainlion darting out in front of me. I did dig some very uniquie wire, not yellow, next day it was pretty soggy out so I went out without the detector only to go down the trail 100 yards and see a fresh bear print in the mud a few yards down a small tree was pulled over and all I can think about was something is watching me, All I kept thinking was a quote from Mark "Gardians of Gold" and Mark I gotta tell you "Thats stickin" any ways I was totally soaked bt 10:00 so I called it. Had a great time! Thats what it's all about but I will be packin next time :spank:

There sure are a lot of critters at the spot you went to John. My catahoula hates them. Next time you come this way we'll take her with us.

She even growled at me when I got to the truck after the show. lol. Then she saw who it was...I've seen a lot of cat tracks in that pit and plenty

of bear scat. Something is taking the neighborhood garbage down into a small drift and having a feast. I was watching a show the other night

on Discovery and it was about hunting pigs and they were using catahoulas. They are great family dogs, but fierce hunters. I know when I am away

nobody will be going into my yard. Hope you get over some gold and looking forward to seeing you in the field this summer.

Rick and Robin, Bod and Betsy, Steve and Dee, Matt, Chris, Paul, John, and my brother Mikey, OOOO was that fun!! Cant wait to be throwing some beers back at the summer camps with you all.

Lets continue to keep this about the fun, More gold comes out of the ground that way for all of us and we have a great time together. Just had a very memorable week thanks to all of you!!

Cheers to our great hobby and all of you.

Hardrock Mark

Hey guys

Sounds like all had a great time at the show. My Son and his Wife came to visit that weekend so I chose to stay home with them.

The talk of critters out in the woods reminds me of a e-mail that was sent to me from a guy up near Orville. It was a picture of a dead cow and some hungry critters. A rancher found one of his cows dead and decided to put a game camera on it to see what was feeding on it. The picture taken showed eight, yes 8, mountain lions at the same time feeding on this animal. So much for being endangered. I think they need to come off that list.

Take care everyone, Wes.

Archived