The "Hobo Highbanker"

Got a friend with a claim that's running a highbanker and getting some good gold. I got invited and have access so I decided to make my own homemade highbanker. Made my own top box and am using my Keene sluice for the bottom. Wrapped it all up in an old 4-foot ladder. :rolleyes: So I call it the hobo highbanker. I even got an adjustable sluice tilt! Just need to make the spray bar out of PVC, get the hoses and Harbor Freight has a small 2200 GPH pump for $120. The whole setup will cost me $150! :D

post-29631-0-64299900-1309318232_thumb.j

post-29631-0-75103500-1309318237_thumb.j

Very inventive!

Nice job and you made it for a fraction of the cost of a manufactured one.

Let us know how it works out.

Tom H

Nice Job I did almost the same thing and I have the exact same sluice that I used. Gets fine gold very well, most the time you can see it in the rubber riffles before the main sluice. After the 4th Ill have to get some pics on here to show you.

Good luck.

P.S. Just noticed you were in Sac allot of local people on this forum RIGHT ON!!!

A little update. Made up the spray bar, put in kind of a crash box type of thing just in case gold might splash out the top of the sluice and painted her up. :) Here's a couple of pics just running the hose.

post-29631-0-06812200-1309398512_thumb.j

post-29631-0-91075900-1309398516_thumb.j

A little update. Made up the spray bar, put in kind of a crash box type of thing just in case gold might splash out the top of the sluice and painted her up. :) Here's a couple of pics just running the hose.

I LOVE IT!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if my last questions went on as a post so here they are again--did the pump/engine come with a spark arrestor on it, or are you adding one to keep big brother off your keaster?? Both Uncle Sam & Gov Moonbeam are touchy about those in their domains. Just curious -

Not sure if my last questions went on as a post so here they are again--did the pump/engine come with a spark arrestor on it, or are you adding one to keep big brother off your keaster?? Both Uncle Sam & Gov Moonbeam are touchy about those in their domains. Just curious -

I looked at the manual and it says something to the effect that this pump meets all EPA requirements. (Whew! :rolleyes:) It has a pretty restrictive muffler and I'm pretty sure being sold in Ca it needs to be in compliance whether it's used to pump out your pool or used in the rural areas. But yeah, good point! Barbra Boxer would probably blow a fuse if she saw what I was doing with this. Teehee!

Well, I did a video of my first trip out testing out the hibanker. Got some gold! Not a big day as far as gold, but got to test out my equiptment..

Well, I did a video of my first trip out testing out the hibanker. Got some gold! Not a big day as far as gold, but got to test out my equiptment..

\

Wow, great job!

Nice gold for a couple hours work. :)

Keep up the good work.

Tom

Archived