GMT with 6inch coil or Fisher gold bug 2 with 6inch coil

I own a Whites GMT with a six inch coil but I am thinking about buying a Fisher Gold Bug 2 with the 6 inch coil. I am in an area where the gold is very small, and was wondering whether the Fisher Gold bug 2 is a better machine for the job. Uncle Ron did a report on the little whites 6 inch coil some years ago and he owned the Fisher Gold Bug 2 as well. In the report he said the Gold Bug had trouble finding one particular nugget which was picked up by the GMT easily. But this nugget he had re buried and it would not have had the halo affect the nugget would of had when originally found with the GMT. Many people cant be bothered with this tiny gold but to me any size gold is a great find! Is the Gold Bug 2 a better machine for the job? thanks Neilo

I own a Whites GMT with a six inch coil but I am thinking about buying a Fisher Gold Bug 2 with the 6 inch coil. I am in an area where the gold is very small, and was wondering whether the Fisher Gold bug 2 is a better machine for the job. Uncle Ron did a report on the little whites 6 inch coil some years ago and he owned the Fisher Gold Bug 2 as well. In the report he said the Gold Bug had trouble finding one particular nugget which was picked up by the GMT easily. But this nugget he had re buried and it would not have had the halo affect the nugget would of had when originally found with the GMT. Many people cant be bothered with this tiny gold but to me any size gold is a great find! Is the Gold Bug 2 a better machine for the job? thanks Neilo

Neilo,I own 2 Gmt's and find really small gold with them. I don't own a Gold Bug 2, but I have friends that swear by them. I think that it is just a personal thing. Doug

I'd have to sway into the GMT with standard coil. I have found dozzens of tiny pieces that you cant even weigh.

X3 for the GMT. I have found some very small pieces with the standard 6 x 9 DD coil. I have the 6 " but it takes so much longer to cover ground with the small coil. I find I use the 6 x 9 as my go to coil. I have never used the GB 2 but I bet they are pretty close in comparison.

I own a Whites GMT with a six inch coil but I am thinking about buying a Fisher Gold Bug 2 with the 6 inch coil.

Why? Both will find gold so small that you can barely see it. When that's the case, then it's time to toss the detector and bring in some heavy digging equipment and go to town.

Archived