No more headphones for me?

I've had a few close calls now and want to ditch my headphones. The factory speaker just doesn't cut it. I'd miss a ton of stuff. I'm thinking of buying Doc's treasure screamer amp and portable speaker. Sound good instead of headphones?

This is for a Minelab Xterra 705.

I use light-weight Sony phones that clip over the ear; the speaker sits just in the ear...I can hear all signals and everything happening around me. I use these same headphones with an enhancer on my 3500...I also use the dual speakers system on the 3500, but I doubt that would work on the Xterra...Radio Shack has a battery powers speaker that might work for you...

fred

Thanks Fred!

I have had a few rattlers rattle at me over the years but its with animals in general. I've seen moutain lion, bobcats, coyotes, and a huge pack of like 10 wild boars... I think the boars scared me the most. If one of the babies boars had came closer to me I'm confident I wouldn't be alive today. I seem to get into a zone when I'm detecting with headphones and tune everything out but the signals.

I have Doc's gold screamer on my GPX4500 with his slimline speaker....and the Doc's treasure screamer on

my Eureka Gold with a slimline speaker as well. They both work excellent even with my slight hearing loss,

the only time I use headsets are around creek's that are too loud or freeways that are too close.

It's my belief that people who think you have to use headsets or you will miss targets don't have external

amplifiers.

IMHO

Miner49

I fully endorse Docs line of amps and speakers, ive been using the goldscreamer power pack that i got from Rob with much sucess and would go as far to say that it has been the best detector upgrade yet. Good luck ;)

Archived