A short walk...

Hey All, I went out this afternoon, I had to wait till it got really hot, and took the GB Pro for a stroll. I was going down a trail on one side of the canyon when I spotted what looked like some old seam/pocket diggins across and up the hill. I had not saw them before and I thought to myself, oh hell that is going to be a climb in this heat. I got down to the bottom of the canyon and had some food and drink while looking up the steep slope I was about to tackle. I almost decided to just wait and do it another day when I looked down and remembered I had my RANGER shirt on and again thought to myself, hell no got to do it. So I got up and headed up the slope. You know those manzanita bushes sure come in handy sometimes...getting up on solid footing I turned the GB Pro on and without moving at all I got one nice signal in the red soil. I hunted as I moved up the narrow gully and picked up a few more crumbs. I came out at a spot where it looked like the pocket had broke up and went different directions. This was sort of a level place and again I started swinging and got a real mellow signal that turned out to be almost nine inches into the red. It was setting in just the red soil, no rock or clay. It is the piece with all the quartz on it. I continued to hunt and found one more little piece. Well I was not going back down that hill so I broke brush in the manzanita for about a mile and came out pretty close to my rig. Not bad for one of my afternoon mid heat forays. I think this is why most my friends wont go out with me when I say I am going on a short walk. Seven pieces at 3.4 grams at 95 degrees , 1400 in the afternoon, I love it. TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Geez ray i wish i coulda taken a camera today but the thunderheads were BIG! I got to the creek at 1500 and worked it for only an hour today then came the clouds and the detecor was screaming! ha ha it was nuts man. I got 4 nice ones and a bunch of little ones with the joey coil this time. I'll post them tomorrow. Looks like you mighta got me today! ha ha nice stuff bud.

Archived