My kind of junk target

I went back to the patch today with Ray. I was showing him where I was getting my crumbs. I told him that I left a junk target at the edge of where I dug, but I would dig it out and open up the area around it. I was a loud screaming signal. I knew it was an old big nail or something similar, as I had dug one out a foot away from it. I got it out of the hole, and couldn't see any rusty metal in my pile. I got it in my hand, and started trickling material on my coil. I had a clod fall out onto the coil and the coil chirped, so I figured it was a nut or something in the clod. When I moved it with my finger to make sure that was the target; I rubbed some of the clay off of the corner of it, and then I saw some yellow. I set my detector down, and just shrugged my shoulders. Ray asked if I had found it, and I said yep. He asked what it was, and I said it was gold. Still in disbelief, I told him it was a good one. I got it rubbed clean and tossed it to him. He said I told you there was still some good gold out here, you just need to get your coil over it.

And he was finally able to hit me with my hat, as is an apparent tradition.

Thanks again Ray

It weighs 10.7 dwt or .54 ozt.

What a way to cap off a great day...Needless to say I'll be digging more obnoxious trash signals...LOL

post-39082-0-49499400-1325615497_thumb.j

Pretty sweet hunk o' junk, Rguy! :)

I did a spur of the moment trip to Greaterville yesterday.

Dug some more bailing wire etc but posts from guys like you, Border Boy etc keep me diggin 'trash' til it's treasure.

I look forward to seeing more of your success!

I went back to the patch today with Ray. I was showing him where I was getting my crumbs. I told him that I left a junk target at the edge of where I dug, but I would dig it out and open up the area around it. I was a loud screaming signal. I knew it was an old big nail or something similar, as I had dug one out a foot away from it. I got it out of the hole, and couldn't see any rusty metal in my pile. I got it in my hand, and started trickling material on my coil. I had a clod fall out onto the coil and the coil chirped, so I figured it was a nut or something in the clod. When I moved it with my finger to make sure that was the target; I rubbed some of the clay off of the corner of it, and then I saw some yellow. I set my detector down, and just shrugged my shoulders. Ray asked if I had found it, and I said yep. He asked what it was, and I said it was gold. Still in disbelief, I told him it was a good one. I got it rubbed clean and tossed it to him. He said I told you there was still some good gold out here, you just need to get your coil over it.

And he was finally able to hit me with my hat, as is an apparent tradition.

Thanks again Ray

It weighs 10.7 dwt or .54 ozt.

What a way to cap off a great day...Needless to say I'll be digging more obnoxious trash signals...LOL

Thats sweet!

Glad you dug it and glad it was gold.

Good luck out there in the future.

Tom H.

one of these days your gonna have to get out and hike to find some gold instead of road huntin' like you do. lol

is that picture correct , that doesn't look like a reguation size nikel. first the dime now this. lol

congrads again , glad it was your turn for Ray to hit you with your cap.

dang junk target , now i'm checking my nail signals.

take care

Todd

one of these days your gonna have to get out and hike to find some gold instead of road huntin' like you do. lol

is that picture correct , that doesn't look like a reguation size nikel. first the dime now this. lol

congrads again , glad it was your turn for Ray to hit you with your cap.

dang junk target , now i'm checking my nail signals.

take care

Todd

You're right, It's not a standard nickel. It's actually 2" in diameter...LOL

Archived