Stopped through the Weaver Mining District today.

Do any of you guys find those claims filled with an unusual amount of trash targets? I hit their 2 of the 3 new claims north of decision corner, and Gold Rod Ext. just south of there. Gold Rod Ext wasn't TOO bad with the rusty cans, etc., but LOTS of lead bullets and .22 shell casings. :) I just wish lead was worth as much as gold, because I found plenty of it! :) Diagonal lode and the claim a bit NE of there were both so bad that it was almost a continuous signal throughout the claims.

I may hit some of the older claims further out tomorrow. Any of you have the same experience?

PC.

You are detecting in some of the most heavily prospected ground in Arizona. The trash has been accumilating there for well over a hundred years. There is gold there, but your patience will be tested with the high volume of trash. Try some of the most remote portions of the claims.....

Hi PC

As a general rule the old fella's didnt camp on top of gold, they camped just off it and thats why your gettin so much trash maybe,

Try just off the trashy areas,that are the closest Diggins to there camp area, and usually the richest and first strike they got..

Pete

Actually, in that area, the old timers not only camped on top of the gold, they built an entire town on it ... The Weaver area is one of the most challenging metal detectoring areas in the US ... You can dig a thousand bits of rust then hit a five ounce nugget ... Not commonly, of course, but that's what makes that area and the Weaver District claims in general so interesting ... Keep it up and you'll be sure to lose your cherry there eventually ... Cheers, Unc

On Sunday I was out checking the claim just to the north from the Stanton RD coming in. In the wash was multiple of trash targets, on the hill was bullets fragments. No gold on Sunday. My first nugget with the GPX 5000 came from Weaver Creek was a .4 g that was about 16 inches from the last wire staple I just dug that day. So that day it was one nugget to about 40 trash target! During the Feburary outting with BUNK, I found a .5g on the RRPC claim "Leaves No Holes" after digging a dozen trash targets. You just never Know when you are going to get over a gold nugget in that area and there is always a possibility that is will be a nice one too. That chance is what keep of all going and teaches us paitence along the way.

More Au to you, Robert

Archived