Minelab repair?

Do I, as a USA customer, have the option to send a unit in need of repair under warranty to Australia instead of here in the US? Of course I would cover all shipping costs!

Chris, contact minelab via their website...

I sent my 3500 to Oz...I paid about 600 dollars for the repair but there was no warrenty.

Why do you want to send yours to Minelab and which detector? If it is the 705 what would be the point?

Hi Fred,

The 705 needed to be sent in because the external speaker would cut in and out. So I called Minelab and they emailed me a shipping label, which turned out going to KellyCo detectors (I wasnt aware they were a service center at the time) and KellyCo misplaced my unit. They eventually found it, but when I called Minelab to see if they could help, I got my ass chewed by Brian for even calling KellyCo in the first place.

I didn't want the 705 to go to a new home with any problems, so I had it repaired before I did anything with it. But now that I am picking up our Explorer next week when it comes in, I don't have to worry about it so much. Hope your son is doing well, Fred. Best wishes.

You would have lost at least 60-80 bucks sending it to Oz...so, good thing thay lost it. I wonder why they are sending repairs to kellyco? Certainly, they should not expect a customer to stand by with empty hands...I would have called both companies! And, no one that gets my money would be happy if they tried to chew on me...

The explorer is top cabin for coins, relics and beach hunting...but, you will have some learning to do..best wishes and good luck!

Thanks, Fred. Luckily we have a friend who has used the EXP. SE exclusively for several years and has offered to teach us everything us knows about the machine. With his help hopefully it won't take as long as it would without it.

Archived