Congratulations to the Democrats

The Democrats have cinched the White House. I hope that some of my worst fears are not realized. One thing is for certain, I don't think it will take too long to see whether Barack Obama's view of how he thinks America should be will one we can all live with, or whether it changes the basic principles on which this great country was founded.

If it does not work out, it's not only conservatives that will be upset it will be liberals as well. If there really are liberals out there that think this signals the beginning of a time when they don't have to worry about filling up their cars or paying their mortgage, because the "wealth is going to be spread around." Then they are going to have a rude awakening. Because we all know that is not going to happen.

God Bless Our Country.

May the Almighty, and common sense help guide our new president in his duties.

Doc

I am not happy with the results, but I am glad its over. I guess we will see if the sun is going to come up tommarrow or not. I am a small buisness owner, I own a small metal detecting store and I just bought an AC company. While I dont make $250,000.00 yet, I do think that this mans policy is going to affect my buisness. I guess I am "SELFISH" becsause I dont want to do my "PATRIOTIC" and "NEIGHBORLY" duty of giving away what is mine. I guess its spred the wealth time in America. :spank:

Now that the electorate has what they wanted, a Democratic president, and a majority in the House and Senate, when things go wrong, who they going to blame?

Oh, I almost forgot, BUSH. Everything that will happen negative for the next four years will be because of those darn Republicans when BUSH was in office. I mean forget about the fact that the Democrats have had control of the House and Senate for the last two years, and Bush has not vetoed one bill that they have handed him, and yet all of the country's ills are Bush's fault.

Life is a pendulum it swings back and forth. Unfotunately the extremes at either end are not good. So right now we have a pendulum that has swung way to the left. Like always people will get tired of that and the pendulum will swing back.

Personally I think the ideal situation is when you have a perecty balance so NOTHING gets done. We don't need more laws, we don't need more intrusion.

Obama may be tested within the first 6 months, and his response might surprise us. In an attempt to appear that he is not wimp, he may over-react.

If nothing else, this is a historic moment. It was not that long ago when Black Americans had to ride at the back of the bus, and were not even allowed to vote. I would have preferred J.C. Watts, however this is a testament to the fact that it makes no difference your Color. This is a country where anything is possible, and the only true obstacles people have is those they impose on themselves.

Doc

Hey Doc

Well I hope the Dems will do the county right but we know they can't. Here's something’s I think we are going to be in for. The stock market will drop 800+ tomorrow. We see gas go back up. After BO's done Electric is going to shoot through the roof. Then we know what comes after all this happens, high food prices and everything else. Not to say what he will do to the courts. Well the Dems plan worked. Do everything they can to put the county in a down fell and get the media to blame the Reps. It looks like we can just look back in history and this is what happen in Germany. In are schools these left wingers are teach are kids how bad the Reps and Bash are. I don't know how we are going to come out of this.

Kim

Howdy ALL: Thanks Doc for starting this string of posts. Normally I begin a post with "Morning..." but today I am not at all sure its going to be too good. Who knows were the financial markets will end the day, week or month. The newly elected President has yet to prove he is able to lead or to govern. Heaven help us all if Obama doesn't quickly get his on the job training down pat. This nation strongly needs good leadership at the helm. Wonder who the media will blame next?

Nuff said for now, Don

It will be interesting to see if, for once in a very long time, we can all drop the

finger-pointing, the incredible mud-slinging and work together.

Heck, maybe we could even take some responsibility and get invoved

ourselves in working toward making this amazing country better.

God knows the politicians aren't going to do it without having pressure

from the population.

Fingers crossed for Obama

and I would have said the same if McCain was elected...

All the best,

Flak

What I was wanting to understand and hopefully get put into laymen's terms is the Electoral college? I tried reading the explanation on it and it makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE to me at all, it looks as if our individual votes are worthless??? I know I have GOT to be wrong about this but sure would like to understand.

As far as the next 4 years with this guy goes some people say " It can't get any worse then it is " B.S these changes obama wants and justify's can turn this country backwards and when I here people say the economy is the worst thing going for us now I think about what I have discovered about WHY this economy is how it is and if people knew WHY they damn sure would have thought twice about voting for a liberal, but i guess it doesn't matter people wanted someone who was spouting CHANGE that's all they want and don't care how it gets done.

Well we will see what the results are from the majority of votes that got this guy in the white house, so far the new democratic congress hasn't done SQUAT but screw things up more, pelosi's a freakn JOKE!!!!!!

I do not support liberalism I will support this country ( same way liberals said they would support our troops but not the war ).

Hey Doc

Well I hope the Dems will do the county right but we know they can't. Here's something’s I think we are going to be in for. The stock market will drop 800+ tomorrow. We see gas go back up. After BO's done Electric is going to shoot through the roof. Then we know what comes after all this happens, high food prices and everything else. Not to say what he will do to the courts. Well the Dems plan worked. Do everything they can to put the county in a down fell and get the media to blame the Reps. It looks like we can just look back in history and this is what happen in Germany. In are schools these left wingers are teach are kids how bad the Reps and Bash are. I don't know how we are going to come out of this.

Kim

azaware , you were close on the stock market drop. Hold on to your wallet more to come.

Chuck

What I was wanting to understand and hopefully get put into laymen's terms is the Electoral college? I tried reading the explanation on it and it makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE to me at all, it looks as if our individual votes are worthless??? I know I have GOT to be wrong about this but sure would like to understand.

As far as the next 4 years with this guy goes some people say " It can't get any worse then it is " B.S these changes obama wants and justify's can turn this country backwards and when I here people say the economy is the worst thing going for us now I think about what I have discovered about WHY this economy is how it is and if people knew WHY they damn sure would have thought twice about voting for a liberal, but i guess it doesn't matter people wanted someone who was spouting CHANGE that's all they want and don't care how it gets done.

Well we will see what the results are from the majority of votes that got this guy in the white house, so far the new democratic congress hasn't done SQUAT but screw things up more, pelosi's a freakn JOKE!!!!!!

I do not support liberalism I will support this country ( same way liberals said they would support our troops but not the war ).

Hi VINI

KMJ raido had a program last week on how the Electoral college works. Check out the pod casts to listen to it. ( It was on Ray's program) Chuck

Well guys I'm not as concerned about the redistribution of our hard earned money as I am about losing conservative control of the supreme court in this administration. When he appoints liberals we will lose the court for two generations and probably parts of the second amendment so by your guns now! What concerns me also is the liberal agenda always supports environmentalizm which will lead to more and more land closers and less and less industries in mining, timber and oil and gas, all making us more and more dependent on foreign sources.

From what I heard today he might just get tested sooner than he thinks. I heard Russia is moving missiles into its western baltic states. Its going to be a rough four years.

Wes

Biden said it himself they expect to be tested sooner then later and here's obamas plans for our military, he better think twice on his plans,

Obama will Gut the Military

Ok chuck lemme see what i can find, thank you.

I did find out today that Fresno's majority of people voted for McCain so that's a good thing at least :wacko:

I am not an Obama supporter or a McCain supporter. I wish Obama the best though and I will remain optimistic about our future, there is little chance he will do anything worse than our last President. I have never seen the US economy and World indignancy towards America/Americans as bad as this last administration has left it. I like my chances with the Devil I don't know better than the Devil I know who drove this country into the most serious trouble we have ever been faced with. Pride, Anger and Greed is all we have shown the World and ourselves the last 7 years. I am completely disgusted with politics and profiteering it just makes me sick. :wacko:

I am not an Obama supporter or a McCain supporter. I wish Obama the best though and I will remain optimistic about our future, there is little chance he will do anything worse than our last President. I have never seen the US economy and World indignancy towards America/Americans as bad as this last administration has left it. I like my chances with the Devil I don't know better than the Devil I know who drove this country into the most serious trouble we have ever been faced with. Pride, Anger and Greed is all we have shown the World and ourselves the last 7 years. I am completely disgusted with politics and profiteering it just makes me sick. :wacko:

I am in just about total agreement with that statement but I did make a choice this time, to be honest guys this is the first time I have ever voted.

AND it is a spiritual thing going on in this country and around the world obviously people aren't living there lives in the spirit of good and what I see here in this country its down right greed and self interests, selfish self centeredness and that is as far from spirituality as a person can get.

So Hey guys dont even bother ( lol so far no one has ) trying to explain this electoral college to me first I have to understand a lot more of this process then the heading of it, looked up laymen's terms on it and STILL don't understand :o

Out of all the people in the United States Obama and McCain is what we have to choose from :wacko: , besides the Independants, which are not even 1%. Pretty sad... I foresee this country going to hell in a handbasket soon.....

I've been sayin fer 30 years we need a PLUMBER in the White House.

A plumber starts a the basement and cleans the pipes all the way to the top floor. :blink:

Just don't forget the last thing we can do is to spread yer legs bend over as far as you can an kiss yer butt GOODBYE :rolleyes:

Bush has offered his full cooperation to Obama as the President elect puts together his staff and the transition is already underway. This is the normal thing for a sitting President to do.

Do you remember 8 years ago?? The Clintons were ransacking the White House and selling pardons while Gore insisted upon recount after recount in Florida. His refusal to concede delayed the Bush transition for over 2 months.

I think we are much better off now than we were 8 years ago

Any poor sap that thinks anything from the government is ever free except to illegtals and free loaders sure needs to get his brain recycled. Wonder where this guy thinks the money comes from to pay for freebies from the Govment? The Federql Reserve just keep running their printing presses turning out printed curency that has absolutedly no backing.

THE PIPER IS WAITING IN THE WINGS AND WILL BE PAID BEFORE IT IS ALL OVER.

Don