Headed for the higher country to search for gold

• Admin

Hello All,

A partner and I took off Saturday afternoon to head to the high country. We arrived at the hunting location around 3pm and hit the ground around 3:30pm. We pushed it until 7:30pm and I managed to get two small nuggets. The amount of trash I had to dig to get these wasn't worth it, I think I'm deaf now. Screaming targets everywhere .... made it very difficult to even hunt the real shallow areas. The local mines and prospects in this area make it difficult to hunt with a detector, trash every other swing.

Sunday we tried a new spot, miminal trash and no gold! :(

Below is my take from Saturday's hunt -

Rob Allison

Hello All,

A partner and I took off Saturday afternoon to head to the high country. We arrived at the hunting location around 3pm and hit the ground around 3:30pm. We pushed it until 7:30pm and I managed to get two small nuggets. The amount of trash I had to dig to get these wasn't worth it, I think I'm deaf now. Screaming targets everywhere .... made it very difficult to even hunt the real shallow areas. The local mines and prospects in this area make it difficult to hunt with a detector, trash every other swing.

Sunday we tried a new spot, miminal trash and no gold! :(

Below is my take from Saturday's hunt -

attachicon.gifhighcountry (800x600).jpg

Rob Allison

Hey Rob:

Way to go!

Glad you were able to get out and get some.

Man.....3 in the afternoon??? You got a death wish or something? :)

Nice gold and nice trash :)

Tom

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments.

Tom - 3pm wasn't too bad actually up there, thought it might be much hotter.

CowKiller - What I didn't mention was the trash on display was only from about an hour. I cleaned the super magnet probably 3-4 times Saturday afternoon. The magnet would collect so much rubbish it wouldn't collect anymore, so I would have to clean it off and start again. If I just had a detector that could elliminate all the iron rubbish and pick up gold nuggets I would be in business at this location.

Looking forward to the next hunt.

Rob Allison