Snake Chaps

McGator

If your planning hunting fairly flat ground I just use leggings (gaiters). the only time I use my chaps is when I'm in tight gulches or just trying to avoid the cat claw bushes here in Az. (like small rose bush thorns) and cactus. problem with the chaps I have been using for years is, they are very hot in the summer. (Rattlers Brand)they came with huge very stong brass zippers down on the bottom of each leg to make them easyier to put on and after fighting the false signals I finaly just cut them out and took them to a saddle shop friend and had him sew in some 2" wide velcro. they work great now. and I have to say they are almost bullet proof. AzNuggetBob

post-1452-0-33048800-1394086826_thumb.jp

No chaps for me either. Have a pair of Whitewater snakeproof gaiters for years and I would not be without them. Try Cabelas. Great for cactus, thorns, brush, and general lower leg protection. The buckles are sturdy, and the gaiters have held up well. They do get hot, but I guess that is the price you pay for protection. I have had a few encounters with rattlesnakes, but fortunately never tested the gaiters.

Thanks all. I probably should have said gaiters but that's my Midwest talking. I used some gaiters the last time I was down there that didn't stop a cactus spin. I image if they can't stop that, they aren't going to stop zap from a snake.

• Admin

Hey Guys,

"Crackshot" Brand is what I carry. I used to keep the full chaps in stock, but most are just interested in the snake gaitors that go from below the knew to the ankle. These are great and have been using them for years. They not only work great for snakes, but better yet, they keep all the cactus needles and sticky crap from stabbing you below the knee. I think they are more beneficial for this than worrying about a snake bite.

We have a large stock of the snake gaitors from sizes, small to XXL. Medium, Large and X-Large are the most common sizes sold. We sell them for $71.95

Here is the online page to them - http://www.robsdetectors.com/snake-guardz-1

Yep only took me two years to figure out that I was selling them at a double digit dollar loss when I was selling them for $49.95. I didn't realize the price had gone up over the years. I would call and order 72 pair, give them my credit card and never bother to look at the invoice.

I went back and and figured out I only lost a little over $2000.

I don't care about making a lot of money on what I sell, but losing money doesn't keep you in business very long.

Doc