Garrett ATX vs Minelab GPX

My apologies for linking to another forum but I have just posted a very long and extensive review on my forum on the ATX vs GPX. I really like both detectors and so am situated to provide a comparison that may be helpful to those of you considering purchasing one or the other from Rob.

Garrett ATX vs Minelab GPX 5000/

Steve

I'd had read it before you posted here. I'd like to see Garrett come out with dry land ATX detector. They could put in a case like it is now but with a open shaft would made me happy. I'd like the weight reduce and lots more coils to pick from. I've got a Infinium holding up one wall and I will send it in to mod it to the ATX.Haha

Great article you wrote and thank you for your time it took.

Chuck Anders

I have the CTX also - another great machine.

The smart way to look at PI detectors is to treat them as dig it all detectors. I am pretty good at cherry picking with PI detectors but if I fire up my ATX or GPX I prefer to be digging it all.

The beauty of the CTX 3030 is it is perhaps the finest discriminating detector you can buy. The entire reason for owning the machine is to selectively dig only what you want to dig.

For example, I would normally hit a beach with an ATX and just dig until nothing is left. But what if it is a great beach but all I am ever going to get is a couple hours to detect it? Or perhaps it is the trashiest beach ever. Then the CTX shines by allowing me to only dig the range of targets most likely to be gold jewelry.

Or in that park where I want to dig the least number of deep holes possible looking for old silver coins? Break out the CTX.

PI detectors are brute force, the CTX is all finesse. Simply one of the finest metal detectors I have ever owned.