JP & Minelab SD2000

I saw a SD 2000 for sale in a small engine repair/prospecting shop in Montana for $1000. JP said if he had to go back to swinging a 2000 it would make him want to quit prospecting.....He could find gold with it where others have gone with their GPX and find what most would miss,I think JP could find gold with a witching stick........but still the better the equipment the better chance if finding the good stuff........Idaho Al

ps any who want to know the where a bouts of that SD let me know< I have the guys card with address and phone #

• Admin

Hey Idaho Al,

A $1000 for an original SD2000 might be steep now. The SD2000 was a great PI detector back in the day, found many pounds of gold with mine. That being said, there are far better choices in my opinion that would allow you to have a warranty and much newer technology. Don't get me wrong, the SD2000 is nice, but better if the price was around $500-$800. Keep in mind, you can't repair them, so if something goes wrong, for the most part it will become a "coat rack!"

Hey Idaho Al,

A $1000 for an original SD2000 might be steep now. The SD2000 was a great PI detector back in the day, found many pounds of gold with mine. That being said, there are far better choices in my opinion that would allow you to have a warranty and much newer technology. Don't get me wrong, the SD2000 is nice, but better if the price was around $500-$800. Keep in mind, you can't repair them, so if something goes wrong, for the most part it will become a "coat rack!"

Rob,

Peter at detector mods can repair them.

http://www.detectormods.com/

Well, the upgrade to my 2200 is 1,200.00 USD ...just not worth it to me. I could sell mine, add the 1,200 and buy a used 3500 or save up for a GPX4000.

If money was no object , I would send off for the upgrade. Thats how much confidence I have in my machine....

Ismael may be able to mod one too.... he is still in bizness...

He is in WA

Think the guys name, if I remember right, way back then was Garbut or something like that. I remember speaking to him and telling him how awesome my 2000 was after the mod. More sensitivity as well as more depth. I don't believe there has been a mod for any other detector like it.