Large Gold Nugget Found in Egypt with Minelab GPX

Look what they are doing to specimens in Sudan.

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I think the value of gold over there and their appreciation for nuggets is much different. If you found that piece in the US, it would be a collectors piece for the most part. I doubt anyone here in the US would even attempt to chop up or melt a huge gold nugget. Over there I think there is a danger in having a large gold nugget. For one it's very difficult to hide. Secondly, most of those finds are made by guys working together in teams, families or even tribes/villages. They have to split it up among others and don't have time to try to find a collector or get that premium gold nugget value.

Just my thoughts.

Roo I had my doubts about that smooth one but sight un seen in hand? oh also I talked with two of these guys in N. Sudan by email a few years ago when these were found and they told me because they feared the government patrols they just decided to cut them up rather than risk one person getting caught and loosing everything? when they see the patrols coming they split and head in three different directions. AzNuggetBob