Kind of a skunk today

Hey all:
Welp, got out with Dad and a friend from work that just got a 4000.

Took him into one of my super secret spots close to the aqua fria overpass on Glendale avenue.

Had to take some extrodinary measures to make sure the spot remains a secret. What! I cut a breathing hole in it for him :)
Well, dad is detecting around the truck and Ken and I walk over a couple of ridges and detect some tribs. He got some bullets and is getting used to the 4000, I got some junk and bullets.

So, we find this little motorcycle trail and follow it over to the next trib. Ken is detecting the trail and found a penny and some other junk. I told him "yah, on roads and stuff like this your going to get a lot of junk" Well, I no sooner had the words out of my mouth and no kidding.....I look down and there is a GARMIN GPSMAP 62st laying there. Holy smokes! Guess if fell off some guy riding. Im sure he was bummed as its about a 230 dollar GPS. It works good. I tried to find a name or something in it but dont see anything.

Well, none of us found any yellow stuff but had a real good time enjoying one of the last decent weekends were probably going to have for a while.

Enjoy..

Tom H.

• Admin

Hey Tom,

Check the GPS for gold coords.!! :P Funny you mention GPS units. My mentor, Richard Doherty carried a GPS everywhere and marked every nugget for years. Sad to say, when he passed, his wife had a silent auction for all his prospecting stuff. I realized he has that GPS, called her right away, but it was just sold for $25 ...... NOOOOO!!! I would guess there was at least 100+ nugget patches, many I didn't even know about loaded in that GPS unit.

Hey all:

Welp, got out with Dad and a friend from work that just got a 4000.

Took him into one of my super secret spots close to the aqua fria overpass on Glendale avenue.

Had to take some extrodinary measures to make sure the spot remains a secret. What! I cut a breathing hole in it for him :)

Well, dad is detecting around the truck and Ken and I walk over a couple of ridges and detect some tribs. He got some bullets and is getting used to the 4000, I got some junk and bullets.

So, we find this little motorcycle trail and follow it over to the next trib. Ken is detecting the trail and found a penny and some other junk. I told him "yah, on roads and stuff like this your going to get a lot of junk" Well, I no sooner had the words out of my mouth and no kidding.....I look down and there is a GARMIN GPSMAP 62st laying there. Holy smokes! Guess if fell off some guy riding. Im sure he was bummed as its about a 230 dollar GPS. It works good. I tried to find a name or something in it but dont see anything.

Well, none of us found any yellow stuff but had a real good time enjoying one of the last decent weekends were probably going to have for a while.

Enjoy..

Tom H.

Tom you got the knack for finding stuff. :P Oh also was that the north side or south side of ,Took him into one of my super secret spots close to the aqua fria overpass on Glendale avenue. AzNuggetBob