Dawson City Yukon gold

16 grams of Dawson City gold. A nice way to end the long winter!

Largest nugget 1.5 grams. Most much smaller. I've always been amazed at this machines sensatively.

The spring hunt was one where, as usual, I managed to relearn all of old rules: go slow, chase any fluxuation in the sounds, scrub( lightly) the ground with the coil, let the machine "reset" before swinging when switching between discrinination and regular modes etc. etc. Always fun thou - and great to be out once again.

Cheers

post-56130-0-47254100-1402332821_thumb.j

Way2cool you hit the nail on the head re the Klondike area having history! And lots of it. I'm playing on an old cllaim once mined by "Klondike Joe Boyle" at the turn of the century. Now there was a larger than life individual, often called an adventurer, scoundral, rougue - oh - and a miner - amongst others. Its well worth looking up the character as he was one of the "colourful 5%" that existed then - and actually they exist up here today!

So when I'm on the hills - I do take my hat off to the old timers - all of them - for their imagination and guts - and sometimes unbelievable flair!

Rob, I had to leave the 4000 in the truck, and it was the fine work of the Gold Bug 2 that hauled in the gold. And yes, I've hit this hill of years, and went off saying to my wife "well theres nothing there that I'm going to find this time" only to be proved wrong once again. Its nice to be surprised sometimes.

The miner will be opening up the ground in an area he hopes to find big nuggets this summer. He's invited me to participate. With a little luck I'll be able to post a few more pieces of gold.