You Can't Neat The Heat!

Northern California is having a little heat wave 104 yesterday and the Weatherman is calling the same for today! Robin and I, hit the trail to one of our patches at 0530 hrs to beat the heat. We started our hunt, working our coils slow over this old patch. This is the key to finding them deep ones that just give you barely enough of a tone, to scrape the harden soil to see if noisy spot comes alive! I got one of them signals and down a couple inches I could tell it was a good target but much deeper. I hunkered down for a workout digging in this hard dried out soil. About 8" down Robin, radios me saying she found one a little less than a pennyweight, I told her I was working on one too! She was over 100 yards from me as I glanced to see her location as I stuck my coil back into the hole. This time I could tell I was getting close to this now banging target, I dug a couple more inches and cleaned my hole out. Something caught my eye, besides the early Eastern Morning Sun, a nugget stuck into the side of the hole. I pulled one more dink out a while later and we decided we had enough of and early morning workout and hiked back to the A/C blasting truck by 1030 hrs. This nugget hit the scale at 2.3 dwts and out total morning was 3.1 dwts...worth ever bead of sweat, until the next hunt! Oh the Title is "You Can't Beat The Heat"

LuckyLundy

post-10733-0-50403200-1402342053_thumb.j

Awsome hole there! :)
Thats some good nugget shooting and a nice nug.

Tom H.