Detector tracking and Recording

This looks interesting. An app for Android devices for tracking your detecting and recording finds. The possibilities for prospecting are really huge.

Here's a post regarding the app.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?34,2069334,2069425#msg-2069425

Here's a link to the Android Play Store for the app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.trib.app.tectotraklite

The IOS version is a Kickstarter Project and I went ahead and pledged $5 hoping he gets it done - cause I don't have an Android phone.

It apparently does a lot more than a GPS.

As far as recording your tracks, you can keep adding to the same "record" on multiple visits to the site.

You can take photos with the phone and they are saved as part of the track.

Best of all, it uses google satellite maps.

Pity it's for Android.

• I know I would use something like that if I had a Android but if I did have a android I would put a shovel in his hand also :)

Seriously...I sure would not post anything on the forum as far as pics taken with it.

People have been known to grab GPS coords off of picks and go into your spots.

Tom H.

Does it GPS mark your pictures? I saw that some of the new smart phones GPS mark your photos and that when posted on the internet those with savy can locate where the pic was taken on google earth like Tom says. I wouldn't post a pic these days I take with my phone, though I hear you can turn the feature off. People have been robbed by slimes tracking where the pic was taken, they may have taken a pic of their new $10,000 home entertainment system for example and shared it with some one on the internet, then slimy simply gets the co-ordinates, google earths it and presto, new system gone one night. Think too that some sights don't allow the co-ordinates to be seen but for me as a safeguard Id still refrain from posting smart phone pics or anything that GPS tags them. These new phones and stuff give away way too much info for my liking. Damn, some places like shopping malls actually track smart phone users as they shop from store to store to build up a data base of preferences of the user! There is technology now in place and is used in some places like a trial I saw done in the UK, where a person who was tracked and their preferences and shopping habits were recorded and as they walked along the street there were electronic billboards on things that recognised they were coming towards them and flashed adds for products they knew they liked! GPS trackers are now being developed to track a persons movements also as they drive. Some are in place in limited areas and places in the world. I saw on a show a guy showing a smart phone user that he had been tracked. Showed him on his computer that he had been here, there and so on! Big brother is just at the door these days. I hate these new phones for the invasion of privacy that they are creating. This type of tracking will be rolled out everywhere in the not too distant future, its already underway.

I agree Tom and Roo

Its not just big brother its little snitch, AKA smart phone.

also there is only one way to really turn it off, take the battery out!. :spank:

Also did you notice you cant take the battery out of some of the new phones????? aint that convenient. ;) Dont get me started. :ph34r: AzNuggetBob

I knew there was a reason I still dont have a cell phone :)
Tom

This looks interesting. An app for Android devices for tracking your detecting and recording finds. The possibilities for prospecting are really huge.

The app would only work if you have cell phone coverage at the time. Please do not assume that an app can be a GPS either, it will insult my Garmins !

I kicked the idea around to build a GPS capable metal detector several years ago. you can find it on Ismaels forum (Minelabmods). I thought it woud be a great way to find your way back to a perticular spot.
no need for a hand held.but after I realised this info could be hacked I dropped the idea.
and now with facial recognition and finger print I.D and devices that I can't turn off, batteries I cant remove that
can be remotely turned on or even force your camera to take photo's.
some may not be concerned. but I dont want to be tracked everywhere I go. Its just the nature of my business.

The way they do this is by planting a cookie in your device that makes it appear the device is off when you
turn it off but in fact some apps are still running and transmitting thru WIFI to the nearest cell tower in
the back ground thru a back door in your software. everytime you visit a site you get cookies and some may not
be cookies you need or even want in your device. some track and store every site you visit.
they call these advertising cookies so they can spam you with related ads based on the sites you visit.

If you still want a phone and dont want to be tracked just use a cheap card (pre pay)phone or put your phone in a Faraday cage and take your nugget photo's with a camera that isn't GPS enabled or it will leave a GPS time stamp with coords in your photo's meta data code or Exif data.

Here is a list of third party tracking cookies my security software blocked just from visiting the CBS News site.

AppNexus
Atlas
Beanstock Media
BlueCava
BlueKai
Casale Media
DoubleClick
Facebook Connect
Facebook Exchange (FBX)
Facebook Social Plugins
Google Adsense
Google Analytics
Google+ Platform
LinkedIn Widgets
Livefyre
Moat
NetRatings SiteCensus
OpenX
Outbrain
Quantcast
Reddit
Right Media
ScoreCard Research Beacon
SiteScout
Sizmek
StumbleUpon Widgets
Tealium
TRUSTe Notice
Twitter Badge
Twitter Button
Typekit by Adobe
Visual Revenue
VoiceFive

and the sad part is there are no laws against them.

If its freeware it comes with a lot of cookies.

AzNuggetBob

post-1452-0-41202600-1402799715_thumb.jp

Roo

Here is some good reading on the subject. Im not sure anyone is selling them specifically for cell phones?
most people build their own for a specific purpose.
most cell phones have a shield inside with specific sized and spaced holes to block wavelength or even(interference)
but you can use the same principles to block cell traffic.
There is also some links you can click on with more detailed info. AzNuggetBob

Electromagnetic shielding is the practice of reducing the electromagnetic field in a space by blocking the field with barriers made of conductive or magnetic materials. Shielding is typically applied to enclosures to isolate electrical devices from the 'outside world', and to cables to isolate wires from the environment through which the cable runs. Electromagnetic shielding that blocks radio frequency electromagnetic radiation is also known as RF shielding.

The shielding can reduce the coupling of radio waves, electromagnetic fields and electrostatic fields. A conductive enclosure used to block electrostatic fields is also known as a Faraday cage. The amount of reduction depends very much upon the material used, its thickness, the size of the shielded volume and the frequency of the fields of interest and the size, shape and orientation of apertures in a shield to an incident electromagnetic field.

I use the backcountry navigator ap on android and love it. It has a ton of maps and allows you to toggle between satelite view and topo maps while keeping your tracks and waypoints in view. I preselect a map area before I go and save it to my memory card and use it offline. I typically dont have any signal either phone or wifi out in the gold fields. It doesnt have a photo option but does allow you to place markers and comments on your saved map which I find helpful for sampling. Its also nice to track your location on the same usgs topo maps that the club claims are printed on when locating the claims. I dont usually find enough gold to worry about someone stealing my spot haha but maybe if I find a patch ill pop the battery out just in case!