Exploring some more Arizona Outback Country

• Admin

Hello All,

Spent the day roaming (hking and quading) around a bunch of new country hoping to discover a new spot. Tried several spots, but just couldn't squeak a nugget out of those locations, but some lead and other iron rubbish. Damn, it was freaking cold this morning, my truck had ice on the windshield and even on the hood. Driving the quad around this morning just about froze me out. Luckily, I was smart enough to bring a sweater and large coat along with my face mask to keep the chill off enough until the Sun broke out.

After about a 3-4 hours of exploring new country, I decided to give the SDC 2300 a whirl on some old patches not too far away. I detected another 3 hours or so slowing working some old patches and surrounding areas to discover 12 small gold nuggets. All of them are pretty rough, not too far from the original source(s).

The Minelab SDC 2300 is an amazing detector, making it easy to beat the skunk if you're around the gold. My goal was 10 nuggets for the day, I was lucky enough to beat that goal today.

Hope you enjoyed. It's still out there ....

post-2-0-87620000-1419823829_thumb.jpg

Nice gold Rob :)
It was pretty cool when I went out also.
Put hand warmers in my gloves...works great.

Tom H.

• Admin

Hey Tom,

When I purchased my quad back in 2007 it had the handgrip warmers. My wife thought it was silly, so did I at first. However, after the first Winter season I seen how important they are. Keeping your hands warm really makes your body much warmer on a quad when it's freezing out. Now I need to get one for the seat .... LOL