Dutch John is also Jim Straight

To answer questions as to why Jim once posted as Dutch John: Dutch John is a mountain between Ely and Pioche Nevada. During the 1860's it was a military Heliograph Station between Utah and California. It was here during the early great depression years that young Jim, a preschooler and his family spent time in a depression camp, while his father and partner Joe Powers sunk a shaft 70 foot vertical shaft as testimony of the determination of those who seek a vein but never finding it.

Back then we shared a small water spring with friendly bootleggers. The small basin at on the south western

side of Dutch John was named Muleshoe. The country rock in the basin was rhyolite... It was sandy and there

were prominent crystals of feldspar. Looking back I believe the bootleggers knew we were not a threat and would

come over and give my mom eggs and tomatoes. In return we would give them a hind quarter of venison. In the

fall season Mule Tail deer were there in herds... It was legal back then to harvest one for camp meat... tailgate

Chuck Ridge Runner has a good sound to it... Hey I was then known as Puppy Daug