Rye Patch Chevron Dinks

Robin and I, brought in the New Years in The Biggest Little City Reno, NV and it was very chilly. I thought about bringing our metal detectors for a day hunt at Rye Patch, but the cold weather said, leavem home! Got home and recouped a day and a hunting partner text me saying the weather is great and the nuggets are biting! Where Rye Patch. Loaded up the prospecting gear and back track I-80 to Rye Patch. We found Ole Pard, at a favorite patch and he showed his poke to us. Didn't take long before Robin and I, had some noise in our poke bottles to help fight the morning chill. By mid day, with a couple of beads of sweat rolling down my face it was time to take my fleece off and enjoy the mid 50's the weatherman was talking about. We hunted a couple more spots the next day to end our trip and ended up with 16 dinks. Robin, out shot me with 10 nugglets to my 6 for a total of 1.9 dwts. Our detectors, the SDC 2300. We love our hobby, until the next hunt!

LuckyLundy

post-10733-0-88008500-1420835046_thumb.j

Blackbird,

Caliche covered nugget I use CLR. Just pour some in your poke bottle and let soak over night. When Caliche is gone back in poke bottle with salt & vinegar, the longer you shake the brighter they get or just put them in a sonic jewlery cleaner and let it do the shaking for you. I know guys that use Nitric Acid to clean their nuggets, but that to me takes away from the gold color and some of them look kind of fake? My gold buyers like them like this and so do I...remember all my gold is for sale!

LuckyLundy

Blackbird,

I just asked Robin, if she needed another fur coat? Can you believe she said, No! That she doesn't wear the ones she has now...lol. Just isn't cold enough in our local, now if they'd move Las Vegas to Minnesota we could make a deal...lol

Lunk,

Their not the biggest of nuggets, but what fun they are to find!

Rick

WOW.... Great looking Chevrons... The "biggies" are now hard to find (Lunk found most of them :blink:); but left the

"bits." While my memory is fading, but I can remember, fondly, the earlier days when on a wet morning sunbakers

were "specked" as when wet they gave off a sheen... This was back when section 17 was still RR property and

was then leased out. tailgate

Largo,

There's still some nice nuggets out at RP, just beat the brush. I know there's a couple good patches left, just to much land to cover in one lifetime. Dinks, are in every old patch...low & slow and they will add up to your next ounce!

LuckyLundy

Dang Lucky...those are some really nice nugs :)
Tks for the post on how to clean them up also.

GL to ya out there.

Tom H.

Hi Lucky,

Congratulations on you nice nugget finds, and with the SDC 2300! I have yet to try mine, my wife just got out of surgery in the past two days, and that will impact my going out and trying out my 2300 anytime soon.

I have met most of the big names in gold detecting as well as meteorite hunting out there, except for you and a couple others. But hopefully, I will, time will tell, as I don't get out much any more.

Gary/Largo

Congrats R & R (aka Rick and Robin) ... That SDC sure is finding some great gold ... Have only used my a few hours ... no gold to show for it so far but I know it will find the gold when I can pick #7 and #9 bird shot pellets at an inch or two ... and they sound off a lot stronger and clearer than on my GB Pro that I have been making comparative tests with ... the GB Pro still hears all the SDC hears but the SDC signal/target volume is a lot stronger/louder!

Mike F