Lot's of new areas to prospect

Now that the BLM is finally getting up to date with last September's claim status changes we are updating the claims on the FootPrints maps. Registered FootPrints owners will be getting notice of the update installers as I finish them.

Some of the changes we are seeing this year are remarkable. There is a lot of good land opening up in several of the better prospecting areas. Here's a preliminary report on the first areas I'm mapping now:

Black Canyon City: 1,800 acres of claims have been dropped in this relatively small area with only one new 20 acre claim added. Most, if not all, of the GPAA Calamity and Abracadraba claims appear now to be open to prospecting and claim.

Little San Domingo: Some really nice areas are open this year. About half of the FootPrints mapped area now appears to be open ground including parts of Little San Domingo, Big San Domingo and Tub Springs.

Rich Hill: With the closure of 640 acres of the Weaver claims, the loco claim group and a lot more there are more than 2,000 acres of open ground on the Rich Hill map. Much of the new open ground has been under claim since as early as the 1930's. My sources have told me there is a lot of new claim activity up there with these changes so be careful where you prospect.

Good research could lead you to the claim of a lifetime in some of these areas or give you the opportunity to prospect new areas.

I'll give more updates on FootPrints map areas as I get further on with the mapping of these claims. FootPrints will also be getting a makeover and some new features this spring.

Barry

I'm working on all the Arizona FootPrint claims updates now. Black Canyon City and Little San Domingo just need a little proofing and on Rich Hill I'm still working on mapping the new claims. I'm hoping to start sending out the first two claims updates this weekend.

All registered FootPrints users get claims updates for free as they become available.

All FootPrints users get program upgrades for free as they become available whether they have registered their individual FootPrints or not.

It's important to register your FootPrint if you want the free claims updates.

• 2 weeks later...

No claims updates have been sent out yet.

We have some health issues in our immediate family and travel and family meetings have been interrupting our work flow. The research, documenting and claims mapping have been done for several FootPrints but the installer coding and update databases need a long run of concentrated work to get them right. Those should be coming out soon.

All registered FootPrints users will receive personal emails with custom secure update links as soon as they are available. In addition New Diggins newsletter subscribers are notified whenever there are updates or program upgrades available.

Little San Domingo has the most open ground in years Ron. Some very choice areas opened up. Black Canyon and Rich Hill the same deal. Prospecting is possible now in several areas that have been under claim for upwards of 80 years.

I think the Weaver Mining District Club lost the 640 acres he's referring to.

I seem to recall it being mentioned in an earlier post a couple of weeks ago.

What's the matter, 19+ oz in 4 days wasn't good enough for ya?...lol......very nice find! :)

Many claims were closed this year. The Weaver club lost all but two small claims - that was the 640 acres. The loco group on Weaver were all closed - about 500 acres. Ellie dropped a bunch of lode claims - and then made some more. Several claims along Antelope Creek. All of Paul's Rich Hill claims.

This stuff changes a lot from year to year. There are areas open around Rich Hill every year. I have never seen it "all claimed up" although 8 months ago it was getting close.

We estimate about 90% of all claims around Rich Hill have an average lifespan of less than 10 years. Some of the former Weaver claims had been around for 70 years and most of them were 160 or 120 acres. This is the most open Rich Hill has been in probably 6 years. The difference this time is the quality. There are some very desirable areas that opened up.