First Minelab GPX 6000 Nuggets

• Admin

Hello All,

I haven't had much time to post, but did manage to get about 4-5 hours on the new Minelab GPX 6000 metal detector.  I didn't download and read the manual, just charged the battery and headed out with it.  I figured it was so simple to use, didn't need to really read about it.  It was pretty simple to set up, about 10-15 seconds and I was off detecting.  A few things I noticed right away was the super lightweight and the fact it can compact down very small with the 3 piece carbon fiber shaft.  

I took it back over a few spots I worked with the GPZ 7000 in the past.  There was still targets left behind, as it was originally a very trashy placer area.  I was finding small pieces of wire, bits of iron and tiny pieces of lead and birdshot.   There is no question, it's a bit more sensitive vs. the GPZ 7000 with the NF 12" Z Searchcoil.  After about 4-5 hours of detecting and digging probably a hundred small targets, I managed to pull 6 small nuggets out.  I didn't even get to weigh them, one is super tiny (far right on the coil), maybe a grain in size.  All the nuggets combined might be a 1 to 1 1/2 Gram total.  

I didn't do any side by side comparison for anyone wanted to know how it does vs. other GPX detectors or the GPZ 7000.  

I can see this unit being very useful for prospecting & exploring due to the high sensitivity, lightweight and how it can compact down very small to fit into a backpack or even a quad box.  

I was fortunate to get a good batch of them, all pre-sold prior to the arrival.  I'm expecting another batch soon, so if anyone is interested in one of these great new Minelab detectors, give us a call.  

I'm sure there will be many great reports on them, hopefully more when it cools off a bit.  

Wishing you all the best of success and stay safe out there!

Rob

GPX6000Nugs.jpg

• Like 2

Hey everyone,

Now I’m kinda excited about getting a 6000, guess I should’ve asked about buying an extra battery and cover when I had you on the phone Friday. Looking forward to hitting some old spots to see the difference. Congrats on the nuggets and thanks for showing them now I’m ready to go hunting as soon as I get 6000 and some days off!!

stephen

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...