Proline 2 inch combo

Hi everyone, I have a 2inch proline dredge high-banker combo. When ever I set the machine up (for high banking) according to the instructions I never find any gold in the sluice. The instructions call for about two inches of tilt and to run the pump (100gpm) at full throttle. I have tried reducing the flow but the sluice does not seem to clean itself out fast enough. On more thing I have noticed is the inlet for the spray manifold is on one side. This makes higher water pressure for that side and seems to make the water flow uneven in the sluice. Also should I wait in between shovel loads for the sluice to clean out? Any information will help thanks.

Here is a picture of my proline combo. I normally use it upstream from yankee jims road near colfax, when I take a normal sluice box I always find more color even though I run much less material from the sane general area. For those of you with proline equipment do you always run the moter at full throttle? Thanks for all the inforamtion.

post-835-1144941556_thumb.jpg

post-835-1144942292_thumb.jpg

• Admin

Hello Newby,

I have used plenty of High-bankers over the years, but never the 2-inch Proline. I heard they make really good dredges, but never personally used one.

I know I used to own a Gold King 2.5-inch High-Banker/Dredge combo and I didn't have to wait from shovel to shovel. I would think if the 2-inch Proline is set up correctly you should be able to move a good amount of material.

If I remember correctly, the general rule of thumb was 1-inch angle for every 3-foot of box. I used to have a small "Level" that was set up just for dredges and would adjust the box with it. I always seemed to recover a good amount of fines.

If the riffles are filling up more than about half, then you need to adjust the angle more or increase the water volume. However, you don't want a steep angle and the motor just blazing away! :mellow:

The water should be even across the box. If not, you will not recover well. Something must be wrong, maybe it's not mounted correctly? :huh: Do you have pictures of the unit?

Once you get the unit running correctly, you might have to pause between shovel fulls. You don't want to over feed the box, you could start to loose color.

Would almost have to see the unit. Hope I was able to help a bit though.

Rob Allison

When ever I set the machine up (for high banking) according to the instructions I never find any gold in the sluice. 

What Rob said, orrrr maybe you just havent been shovleing any gold into it to begin with. Try a test with some known amount of gold. Set it up as you would normally only place a tub at the tail end of it. Take a bucket of typical feed material and mix in the gold. Dump it in and see if it catch's it. If not, change the angle and flow and do it again, and again. You should be able to get all of the gold to catch in the first few riffles unless the gold you test with is very fine or flat flakes.

Guest keninla

also, if you don't have any/enough gold to run a test as suggested you could use small lead shot instead. If you don't catch the shot you won't catch the gold.

Hello Newbie,

I run a 3" Proline dredge w/T80, this summer will be fifth season, give Proline a call (209) 878-3770 they have great service and talk to somone out of the shop;-)

• Admin

Hello Newby,

I think everyone gave you some good advice. I'm not certain of the richness of the ground you're working, but hopefully you're working where there's gold. :D

I would also take Big Ed's advice and call Proline directly. I would ask about why the water is lesser on one side than the other and maybe some info about the running slope.

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Hey newby,

They need lots of water, I used my 3" Proline Dredge to clean out two giant sand filters for a local water Co., ran pvc pipe & valve to intake of pump, my water sorce, two 30 thousand gallon watertanks - I drained both tanks in 6 hrs.

We got lots of water up here ;-) March- 28 days of rain and rain everyday so far in April...