Minelab's New X-Terra 70 Detector

• Admin

Hello Everyone,

A handful of potential customers have contacted me about the new Minelab X-Terra 70. I just sold the last one I had in stock and Minelab USA said they are currently on backorder. They should be available within a week or so at the latest.

If you need one right away, I might sell mine for double the price~! :P

Just an update,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Mike,

I must admit, when I first heard about the X-Terra series, I wasn't real impressed. I thought, just another VLF that looks pretty! :P

I did test it (X-Terra 70) out briefly last weekend and it does have some features like the Explorer II that I really like. Also, I was impressed with the depth on small gold and how well in ground balanced around the Black Canyon area.

I like how you can toggle back in forth (if needed) from the Prospecting mode to the "Coin/Relic" mode. It might be a great tool for those very trashy placer areas. I'm still learning the coin/relic mode features, but the "Prospecting" mode is pretty simple and user friendly.

P.S. Seems like the inner searhcoil ring is the most sensitive, rather than the outer ring? :rolleyes:

Have you played with it more?

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Guest Mike C...

Hi Rob I'm still coin beepin with it with good results-I found a meteorite with it last weekend at the GB outing-I'm still waiting for the 18.75khz dd to come out and then I'll take it out nugget beepin again-Yes the center is the hot spot and the no motion pinpointing is dead on center ;) -very accurate-Mike C... B)

• Admin

Hello Mike,

As much as I try to get into coin/relic hunting, I just can't. I know some good locations and I know there might be some nice trinkets, but I'm too into nuggetshooting! :P I'm also waiting for the DD coil. I'm not real impressed with the stock coil for nuggetshooting. It might be a good coil for coin/relic hunting, but I'm not real impressed with it for nuggetshooting (just my opinion).

Keep us updated on your findings.

Rob Allison