Back in the saddle again..

Hello all,

I picked up my SD2100 a few weeks ago from Rob Allison and have been out scanning the Bradshaw's every Saturday since. Don't have a truck or 4-wheeler yet and been hitting every trail in my Ford Taurus till I get more appropriate wheels. I am getting better with the Minelabs everytime. I can fill a bucket with nails and tin faster than ever now. I don't get disgouraged though. I just keep a shootin' and a' diggen'. :blink:

I used to relic hunt in Texas alot in the 80's but now I'm strictly Nugget Shootin'

I already know I have alot to learn and have the sense to know how to listen to those that already know what their doing. I work from home weekday's and do alot of research on the weaver's and Bradshaw's. I'm lookin' to learn how to read the stratas and schist's to at least know what's promising and whats not.

Hope to get to know many of you in the future and like the forums.

See Ya in the Saguaro's.

Mike McDaniel

Hello all,

I picked up my SD2100 a few weeks ago from Rob Allison and have been out scanning the Bradshaw's every Saturday since.  Don't have a truck or 4-wheeler yet and been hitting every trail in my Ford Taurus till I get more appropriate wheels.  I am getting better with the Minelabs everytime.  I can fill a bucket with nails and tin faster than ever now.  I don't get disgouraged though. I just keep a shootin' and a' diggen'.  :blink:

I used to relic hunt in Texas alot in the 80's but now I'm strictly Nugget Shootin'

I already know I have alot to learn and have the sense to know how to listen to those that already know what their doing.  I work from home weekday's and do alot of research on the weaver's and Bradshaw's.  I'm lookin' to learn how to read the stratas and schist's to at least know what's promising and whats not.

Hope to get to know many of you in the future and like the forums. 

See Ya in the Saguaro's.

Mike McDaniel

Good Morning Mike and welcome aboard. I'm known as the 29 Prospector and mine mostly in So.Ca. deserts. Dry placer is my primary work and metal detecting is second. Most of my post are a work in progress known as "The Placers". I try to post several pictures with diagrams and footnotes. Check them out, it will give you some Idea how bedrock looks and acts. Other on the board will give very valuble tips on using the Minelab. Also Pick Rob's brain, believe it or not there is a lot up there that he can pass down :lol: (sorry Rob, had to do it)

Bob

Good Morning Mike and welcome aboard. I'm known as the 29 Prospector and mine mostly in So.Ca. deserts. Dry placer is my primary work and metal detecting is second. Most of my post are a work in progress known as "The Placers". I try to post several pictures with diagrams and footnotes. Check them out, it will give you some Idea how bedrock looks and acts. Other on the board will give very valuble tips on using the Minelab. Also Pick Rob's brain, believe it or not there is a lot up there that he can pass down :lol: (sorry Rob, had to do it)

Bob

Thanks Bob,

Yeah, I intend to pick Rob's mind abit and I will look up the past posts too. I picked up a book called 'secret gold nugget patches of Arizona #2' and have been going over some of the info in there. Not really looking for them to tell me 'Where's the gold is in them thar' hills' but what to look for when prosecting. looking for the 'inverted 'V's' on topo and geo map's and such. I'm Sure that Rob's book he said he just got in has a bunch too. Rob said that he would meet me on a weekend to do some Nugget Shooting with him. I found that the SD2100's easy to manually balance and I had no problems with it at all.

THanks for replying to me and I am sure I will have many a story and questions in the future.

• Admin

Hello Mike,

Sorry I haven't had much time to respond. Thanks for joining up on the forums and also for the SD2100v2 purchase! :D I thought I seen a car parked off the main dirt road last weekend, was that you?

I try to get out every weekend if possible, so one of these weekend you can ride along with me to get back in further. I have found some nice patches and washes right off the main Bumble Bee Road. :o

If you ever have questions, feel free to email, call or post them here on the forums.

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Hello Mike,

Sorry I haven't had much time to respond.  Thanks for joining up on the forums and also for the SD2100v2 purchase!  :D  I thought I seen a car parked off the main dirt road last weekend, was that you? 

I try to get out every weekend if possible, so one of these weekend you can ride along with me to get back in further.  I have found some nice patches and washes right off the main Bumble Bee Road.  :o

If you ever have questions, feel free to email, call or post them here on the forums. 

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Hello Ron,

I was moving south from Cleater in the gulch and sweeping the outcropings above the gulch as well. I really love the new Mindlab's SD2100v2. I have no problem ground cancelling manually and I get alot of hits but unfortunately I should start an old nail collection. I am not discouraged though. I know I will fill a 5 gallon bucket on average of trash before I hit gold so I stay with it. I read in an article from Jim Straight where it was recommended to take a super magnet in the field with me so I don't have to keep digging up trash so much. I know that many times where there's trash should not stop me from shovelin' away anyway but I think about how much time I would save if I knew 'there's ferrous below the coil'.

Look forward to heading out with you one of these weekends. I'm busy this weekend but I am going to do rich hill friday morning for the 1st time then heading to a church event in Prescott through Sunday. I can't wait to hit my 1st nugget.

Talk to you soon (Great Website and thanks for the pics of your nuggets with leaverite last weekend. contrats)