Rob and I have talked about explaining the work we do to get the gold recovery. We felt that it would be better to post the work and describe what and how we do it.

1. First we unload the truck and get the equipment set up. This would be the hand tools, dry washer and our panning buckets.

2. Once we are set up, one works in the hole removing any overburden that needs removing and then begins knocking down the workable material and classifing it into buckets. The other person stays top side and re-runs the tailings from the last trip out thru the drywasher one more time. Once the tailings are run we pan to see if we missed anything.

3. We have the hole divided in half so that each of us can work a section, run the material thru the drywasher and we take a rest break while we pan. Nuggets are kept separate from the smaller stuff. We combine our small stuff into one pan and we each keep our own nuggets. If we have a question as to where a piece of gold should go, we consult with each other.

4. At the end of the day we clean up the hole and run the metal detector over the bedrock, the walls and our rock pile. After that we spread out the tailings and run the metal detector over them. Once that is done we pack up the truck, shake hands and say "Yes another mighty fine day in the hole".

5. Doc and I work the very differently. He starts on the right side of his hole and knocks down the workable material all the way over to the left side of his hole. I take my side and work it in 1-2 foot area's at a time. This way I know exactly where the gold is and isn't. Some how by the end of the day we have moved about the same amount of material.

Our work tools consist of 3 sizes of Hermit Picks, 2 5 foot digging bars, 2 small and 2 medium size digging bars, hoe's, shovel's, 2 classifiers, 2 5gal. buckets of water for panning, 6 3 gal. buckets that Doc uses for holding material, 6 2gal. buckets that I use for material, 2 jackhammers, 2 generators and 2 metal detectors. oh ya, 2 Toyota 4x4 trucks each with over 190,000 miles on them, lots of gloves and 2 pillows for sitting on while working in the hole.

I think that covers it all, if not please ask questions and I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability.

Bob B)

29Prospector

It sounds that you and Doc have got it all together with a system that works for both. The best part was that two friends can part and look forward to meeting again the next day. Thats more than all the gold you can ever get out of the ground.

Now with that said. How much gold are you taking out of that hole on a average day?It's nothing like getting personal and in your face! :D

Keep the post up and if your looking for help we are all here waiting for you to just say the word.

Chuck

29Prospector

It sounds that you and Doc have got it all together with a system that works for both. The best part was that two friends can part and look forward to meeting again the next day. Thats more than all the gold you can ever get out of the ground.

Now with that said. How much gold are you taking out of that hole on a average day?It's nothing like getting personal and in your face!  :D

Keep the post up and if your looking for help we are all here waiting for you to just say the word.

Chuck

Good morning Ridge Runner,

Its great having a partner and teacher to work with. Doc has worked placer for 30 some years now and has taken me under his wing to teach me. I have hard rock under my belt and have found that it was easy to convert to placer. Don't miss going underground anymore at all. I still look for the one vein that got missed, someday I'll find her just hope I can remember what to do with her :lol:

Bob