Finally - Moore Creek Bulldozer Tale Continues!

Hi,

I have been more busy this winter than I have ever been. Winter is usually a time to catch up and also get fun projects done that I have no time for in summer.

This winter has been different, and so I have fallen behind by over a year on my Moore Creek Journal. The last was the first part of our efforts to retrieve a D9 bulldozer that the previous owner left stuck in a bog over the mountain about 4 miles from camp. That last story is at http://www.moorecreek.com/journal/georges_nugget.htm for those that did not see part one.

I have finally written the long second half of the tale, with lots of photos, that gets me up to May of last summer. Part two is very long, and so I am not going to post it directly to the forum. You can find it at http://www.moorecreek.com/journal/the_bull...r_adventure.htm

To all that have emailed the last year wondering what happened about the bulldozer, here is your answer. I'm sorry it took so long!

Steve Herschbach

Moore Creek Mining LLC

Hi Gaine,

Well, I did get stuck in that hole also, but later on. The first time was just short of camp up the hill above the highbanker area. There is a bog in there and I have been told since the sun shining through the snow can get some of those places soft before the snow is actually gone. In the middle of summer it probably is bottomless so a good thing we were there when it was frozen.

Be seeing you up there soon!

Steve Herschbach

Moore Creek Mining LLC

Steve,

What can I say, I was 'riveted' to my computer and wouldn't let go until I read the "Rest of the Story"

The 206 is one heck of 'Bird' :D Will carry alot and is forgiving!

Your 'Freeway' up in your country is sure less traveled, or should I say less crowded in a different way than ours in the lower 48! I do know things can get exciting considering the territory.

I'm also glad for you that you have a great repore between you and your Dad. My Father was the "Great Instigator" and did his best in pointing me down the path of doing the best I could. I'm doing the same thing today as a father with my own son and we're having a blast together. Isn't it amazing, when taught by the best, what we can carry on to future generations!!!

My Dad said, "If you can't do it right, don't do it at all". You and everyone of your associates and friends have just flat asse# kicked butt and nailed it in my mind!

Keep up the Great Work and "post as often to the forum as you can"! :D _GG

Gary

Steve,

What great writing!

You have a real talent for description.

The ongoing work at Moore Creek is an exceptional look into modern

methods of mining and is facinating to read.

The portrait of your father is also beautifully described.

Best of luck in the upcoming season.

Thanks again for sharing these experiences with us,

a great read.

regards,

Hi Guys,

Thanks. I really am fortunate in many ways, not least being the relationship I have with my father.

The long story is that I first set foot at Moore Creek by accident in 1973. I was hooked on the place, and had my eye on it off and on ever since. In the meantime, I spent my time prospecting mostly with suction dredges like many of the people on this forum I owned a lot of claims at other locations over the years, but none of them were really suitable for much more than suction dredging. I kept hoping to step up to something more serious.

So when the opportunity came along to buy Moore Creek in 2003 it was the culmination of a 30 year dream. It just goes to show that if a guy knocks around with suction dredges and metal detectors long enough you can end up being in the right place at the right time.

I'm very much the novice at all the things that go into developing a larger scale mine, and instead of sinking our life savings into it we are trying to make the place pay its way. So it is taking time to ramp up. But between the cash flow our "pay-to-mine" is now generating and the rapidly rising price of gold we are well positioned for great things at Moore Creek this season and next. So there is a lot more to the story to come soon!

Steve Herschbach

Moore Creek Mining LLC