ANOTHER GOOD DAY FOR NUGGETS

• Admin

Hello All,

This morning several friends and I headed out for another quest for the elusive gold. My partner and I have had our eyes on a spot for some time and decided it was time to investigate it before someone else bumps into it. It consisted of a good hike, but it was now or never with 100+ degree temps coming.

About half way to the location I was thinking we were on a "crap-shoot" hunt once again, but then again I have been fooled before. Once we arrived the area didn't look the greatest, but we had to make the best of it since it was a long hike back with nothing to show for. Brandon and I headed one direction, while Glenn and Leaverite headed another.

I noticed a spot that looked disturbed, so I told Brandon I was going to investigate it. Within just a few minutes of hunting the location, I discovered a small gold nugget! :D Wow ... the area didn't look the hottest, but then again I should know better to judge anything by the looks. :o Not more than a few swings and I hit the second nugget, which weighed 5.5 Dwter (Quarter Ouncer)! A few more swings and another ....

What we found was three small patches very close to each other. After about 4-5 hours of hunting we ended up with a total of 15 nuggets. I recovered (9), Glenn (5) and Brandon (1). I'm not sure about Leaverite, he hunts until he drops, but at last call he was running a skunk. However, knowing Leaverite he will call later and tell me about the 1/2 ounce he located.

Towards Noon it seemed like 100+ degrees and I even ran into a small Rattlesnake tucked under a bedrock outcrop. It's time for the Snake Guardz if you're not wearing them yet.

Over this weekend we located 4 new nugget locations and over (40) gold nuggets. :P Just goes to show, it's still out there.

P.S. Minelab GP detectors, Coiltek & Minelab Searchcoils. ;)

Check out the pictures below -

Rob Allison

What a success story. I look forward everyday coming in to hear the stories from the guys and with success like this it makes it all worth it. Congrats.

(The Desert bloom's have my allergies going haywire)

P.S. I'm betting Leaverite got the mother of nuggets today and is grinning just reading this.

Good Job Guys....

(Glad to see that Rattler stayed right where it was and you didn't get suprised. I dusted off my snake leggings weeks ago but thanks for the pic of the snake. The proof is in the picture.)

:D Hello Rob,

Great nugs & fun with friends, the only yellow I've seen my dogs left in the snow :rolleyes: not for long though;-)

Hey your getting good practice in for your AK trip, too...

Take care,

Ed

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Thanks for all the comments. It's a good feeling finding almost 30 nuggets this weekend, regardless of the size. We all love to dig the big ones, but there are far more dinks than lunkers in my area.

I have to keep myself conditioned for the upcoming Moore Creek Trip. :D

Good luck to all,

Rob Allison

That's a really nice poke 'o nuggets, Rob....I always like your gold findin' reports because of the in situ shots as well as the occasional JoeNoShoulders pix...Keep up the good work...One o' these days you'll end up figurin' out how to find gold if you just stick with it... :lol::lol::lol:B) Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

• Admin

Hello Uncle Ron,

Would be nice to figure out how to find 20-30 nuggets each trip! :D I go through these spells where I find 1-2 nuggets/per day after hunting hard, but the bigger nugget days (weight or quanity) are much tougher. I think between the last two weekend a few friends and I have rounded up nearly 60 nuggets.

I can't remember the last time I went skunked though. :rolleyes:

Congrats on your new nugget finds. ;)

Rob Allison

Woah that is a great day out. :o

I think i need to get out more but Adelaide has very limited spots and I am too busy making the darn things!

If I ever get to the USA I am hookin up with you and Doc for sure!!!

Take care and thanks for using COILTEK!

Trev

Whoa, what a day. Why didn't you tell me you were going out?? :P Just kidding. I was too lazy to get up and drag myself out there. My loss. Congrats to you all. I wonder if the trend will continue next weekend? I hope so. Later...Jim P.