X70-5X10 DD coil combo

Guest Mike C...

Guest Mike C...

Hi Rob I finally got the new 5X10 coil for the X70 and took it out beepin-scored these 2 peices and was pleased with its performance-smooth-lite-sensitive-its not much but it does show that the X70 can find the small bits also ;) Mike C... B)

post-50-1147056087_thumb.jpg

Congrats Mike! That's the 18.75 kHz right? How did you like it? How did it handle the mineralization and hot rocks? I've got one set aside for myself, but haven't had a chance to take it out yet. Did you try switching to the coin/relic mode for descrimination on any targets? I realize it's not an SD/GP, but how would you say it compares? Thanks.

...... rf

Guest Mike C...

Congrats Mike! That's the 18.75 kHz right? How did you like it? How did it handle the mineralization and hot rocks? I've got one set aside for myself, but haven't had a chance to take it out yet. Did you try switching to the coin/relic mode for descrimination on any targets? I realize it's not an SD/GP, but how would you say it compares? Thanks.

...... rf

Hi Russ-yes it is the new and only dd coil at this time that I was using-I liked the coil alot :P in my opinion- it handled the mineralization as good as any other vlf could B) I've already tried it for coin huntin and it does very well as far as nugget beepin -I've been waitin on this DD coil to come out and prove that this machine would be a capable nugget beeper-guess what ;) SD-GP-VS-VLF :mellow: I think minelab did what they set out to do and that was to make a good all around beeper ;) But to compare it to a ML PI are you kiddin-apples to oranges ;) But try coin beepin with a SD/GP not :blink: -thats where the X70 will shine and also on the smaller gold that the PI's won't see ;) -Thanks-Mike C... ;)

• Admin

Hello Mike,

Thanks for another report on the Minelab X-Terra 70. I haven't been able to use the X-Terra as much as I would like. Been into a couple new areas and I want to clean them out with the GP before I play around with the X-Terra. When I'm on the gold I'm using the GP. :D I think the new DD will make the X-Terra 70 an even better gold hunter.

It's been a long time since I used the Joey Mono on the GP3500 and I'm amazed at the sensitivity and depth. You can find them under a grain in size if you're playing attention.

Keep us updated on your X-Terra 70 reports.

Rob Allison