"And one Arrowhead"

Descided to go out and "brave-the-100 (+) heat" in the Bradshaws earlier this week and ended up walking with these "little-uns". All where wedged about 3-4" down in schist bedrock,...and one (I think the smallest) was down about 4-5" in dark-reddish-compacted-clay. The arrowhead was sitting "sassey-as-you-please" right in the middle of the wash,..just beckoning my retrieval....Gary

post-803-1148095271_thumb.jpg

• Admin

Hello Gary,

Now we are talking Gary!!!! :D:P:) Five nuggets (regardless of their size) in one day is a good hunt. Did you happen to find my hot spot? :blink:

The arrowhead find is also impressive. Looks like it might be a small bird shot arrowhead.

Keep up the good hunting,

Rob Allison

Hey Gary!

Way to go! Nice nuggies and a nice arrow head!

What area did you go to?

Karll

"NO ROB",.........these "cavity-fillers" are much too small to have come from "your" Hot spot,.........and I can't seam to get you into a "divuldging-mood" to invite me along on one of your "nugget-Pocket-filling-ventures" :P Ane as for the arrowhead, it's about the size that was used for rabbits, squarrils, and hawks,....I have found many of this type over in the Verde Valley and down in Skull Valley when I was younger. Apparantly when it was thrust, the thrustor missed and hit a rock or something, as the tip is missing.

Karll, (Scorpin),............Is that you karl Baltz form Texas?????????? As for your question,....I was over close to Cleator,.............where it's "Damned-HOT"........Gary

• Admin

Hello Gary,

One of these weekends we will have to get together. I woke up today at 3am to get into the goldfields. However, we didn't arrive until around 6am (another story). :(

Those so-called cavity fillers are mighty fine for me! :D You just get what you can and when a big one gets in your way you take him too. The 3 Dwt nugget I hit today was lying right on exposed bedrock. It actually sounded like a piece of trash and I almost walked. Since it was shallow (from the target response) I knew it would be easy diggings. Luckily I didn't walk away and leave it for another electronic prospector.

On another note, makes we wonder what the Verde Valley looked like 500-600 years ago. I really like Indian Heritage.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Hay Rob;

Well don't feel like the lone ranger,......I got up at 4am this morning, and after (almost) an hour drive actually started swinging about 5:45,........thank God there was a bit of a gusty-wind now and then,..or we'd both been-bake'n,........"Damn-I-Hate-Summer"...............Gary