FIRST X-TERRA GOLD

• Admin

Hello All,

Today several friends and I headed west since it was a bit cooler than normal. After several hours with the GP3500 I decided to play around with the new Minelab X-Terra 70 and 10-inch elliptical DD coil. I managed to find this nice nugget at approx. 6 inches with the new coil using a sensitivity setting of 25. The X-Terra 70 handled the mineralization much better than I anticipated.

Below are a few pictures of the nugget I located.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Nice Rob, I knew that the Xterra 70 was gonna be a good one.

Bill Southern let me play with one at Franconia and I was very impressed. In fact I was gonna get 2 of them ,one for me and one for the wife but she went and bought a Quad instead but I have one on my major wish list for sure.

I love hearing bout all the finds with them,makes me know I found a good all around detector.

Rick

Hi Rob ! been awhile and looks like your doing great ! Boy that's a nice one. I think the X70 is going to be a great all around detector for sure. I have a couple in stock here but haven't given it a try yet. Been using the Explorer II and GT and X50. Ok good to see your making headway with the 70 and CU later Rob. Hi Bob that's pretty neat about Rob's find with the X70 isn't it ? I hope you can get back out in the field soon Bob. So God Bless ya Brother and you too Rob.

John Tomlinson, CET

John's Detectors

Best in the West ! ;)

Hi Rob ! been awhile and looks like your doing great ! Boy that's a nice one. I think the X70 is going to be a great all around detector for sure. I have a couple in stock here but haven't given it a try yet. Been using the Explorer II and GT and X50. Ok good to see your making headway with the 70 and CU later Rob. Hi Bob that's pretty neat about Rob's find with the X70 isn't it ? I hope you can get back out in the field soon Bob. So God Bless ya Brother and you too Rob.

John Tomlinson, CET

John's Detectors

Best in the West ! ;)

Tanks John. I've got 8 days til we leave so hopefully we can get out Tues. or Weds. My wife's best friend(went to school together from 2nd to 12th) is out and wants to go mining. I'm still recoverying from my bee attack.

Rob, again my friend, good find.

Bob

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Buzzard - I'm sure impressed with the nuggethunting ability of the X-Terra 70 now after using it then I was before it was released. I was a bit skeptical about another "multi-purpose" detector like the MXT. The MXT is nice and I used it in Alaska, but it didn't handle the Arizona mineralization worth a crap. However, I was able to find several 1-2 grain nuggets with the MXT on exposed bedrock (minimal mineralization). With the release of the new Minelab 10-inch elliptical DD for the X-Terra 70 I suspect more and more nugget to be found with them now. The coin/relic mode is very impressive for highly trashy gold bearing areas also.

29Prospector - Thanks! My primary hunting detector is the GP3500, but I like to play around with other detectors from time to time. Everyone needs a change, maybe just for a few hours though ... :P Been following your posts on the diggings, but been very busy here on my end. Wish I had more time to post and share info. Hope you have fun back East.

Wirechief John - Thanks for the comments. Been doing really well nuggethunting lately. Counting just off the top of my head, I have found over 125 nuggets in the last 10-11 trips. However, the area is pretty beat down now. The X-Terra 70 will be one hot seller this winter season. I'm really impressed with the nuggethunting abilities of the machine and the price is very affordable for most that want to poke around with coin, relic and nugget hunting. Hey, I thought I was the best in the WEST! :rolleyes::P

Take care all,

Rob Allison

Hello Guys,

Buzzard - I'm sure impressed with the nuggethunting ability of the X-Terra 70 now after using it then I was before it was released.  I was a bit skeptical about another "multi-purpose" detector like the MXT.  The MXT is nice and I used it in Alaska, but it didn't handle the Arizona mineralization worth a crap.  However, I was able to find several 1-2 grain nuggets with the MXT on exposed bedrock (minimal mineralization).  With the release of the new Minelab 10-inch elliptical DD for the X-Terra 70 I suspect more and more nugget to be found with them now.  The coin/relic mode is very impressive for highly trashy gold bearing areas also. 

29Prospector - Thanks!  My primary hunting detector is the GP3500, but I like to play around with other detectors from time to time.  Everyone needs a change, maybe just for a few hours though ...  :P  Been following your posts on the diggings, but been very busy here on my end.  Wish I had more time to post and share info.  Hope you have fun back East. 

Wirechief John - Thanks for the comments.  Been doing really well nuggethunting lately.  Counting just off the top of my head, I have found over 125 nuggets in the last 10-11 trips.  However, the area is pretty beat down now.  The X-Terra 70 will be one hot seller this winter season.  I'm really impressed with the nuggethunting abilities of the machine and the price is very affordable for most that want to poke around with coin, relic and nugget hunting.  Hey, I thought I was the best in the WEST!  :rolleyes:  :P

Take care all,

Rob Allison

Rob,

How would you rate it to the GB2 or GMT? Now give me your honest opinion :P ... I know you sell Minelabs :lol:

We are going out Tues. to start cleaning up our placer site after Joe got done with it. We have an area about 10ft by 20ft by 3ft deep that he got dug up. That little machine did a good job getting down to the bedrock area. Should find some good gold. I'll let all know.

Bob

• Admin

Hello Bob,

Well I never personally used the GMT, but have used the GM2, GM3 and White MXT. However, I have used the Fisher GB2 a lot in the past. I used to be a Fisher dealer and I swear it's the hottest detector for small gold. Although, in highly mineralized areas is can drive you nuts. I always had to back the sensitivity down and loose some performance or hunt with the searchcoil off the ground a bit. I would give the mineral immunity advantage to the Minelab X-Terra 70, but for small gold, I would give the advantage to the GB2 hands down. If you have no desire to hunt coin/relics, or if you already have a coin/relic detector, then it's best to stick with what you have already.

I think the Minelab X-Terra will have a huge market for people that love to hunt for different items (coins, relics and nuggets). Also, for anyone that is just getting into detecting and wants a good entry level prospecting detector that is lightweight and under $800.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison