A FEW MORE SMALL GOLD NUGGETS

• Admin

Hello All,

Leaverite and I hit a new spot today that consisted of some hiking. However, we didn't realize the vegitation was going to be a like a jungle! :( After a couple hours of hunting with the Minelab GP3500/Coiltek Joey Mono I was able to find these (3) small nuggets and (3) small piece of copper.

I guess a few small gold nuggets keep the old skunkaroo away! How does that Skunk smell Leaverite? :P

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hi Rob, nice gold and copper. Interesting shapes you got there. Is there a "puka" (hole, remember puka shell necklaces?) through the center dink? Are those copper nuggets the color that I see online? Almost looks like lead...or is it the camera/computer causing it to change color? I have piece that looks like lead but is shaped like a water worn nugget. I never checked if it was copper, always assumed it was lead...

• Admin

Hello Guys,

The (3) pieces to the right are native copper nuggets. They actually have a dark blue/green color to them. I have seen the copper oxides turn green, blue and even a dark purple/black color. If you scratch the pieces you can see the native copper within. The area I was prospecting in known for deep copper deposits and shallow silver/gold workings.

Gaine - Never really look that close at the nugget. Will have to take it back out and see if it does have a hole through it. I just toss them into the nugget container and keep detecting! :rolleyes:

Chris - I've been finding them pretty consistently, but heck they are all small nuggets. It's about time for something a little bigger in size, you know like a 1-2 ouncer! :P A Minelab GP series detector along with a Coiltek Joey is a deadly combination for small nuggets. I know I can find them under 1 grain in size if I really want to search for pieces that small.

Take care,

Rob Allison