24 Karat Gold Hunters Club

• Admin

Hello All,

I just wanted to let everyone know that might be interested in joining the "24 Karat Gold Hunters" club that the membership dues will be increasing to $350/year starting Sept. 1st 2006. You have just over a week to get in at the old membership price, which is $275/year. If you get in at the old price you're grandfathered in at that price per year if you decided to continue with the club.

I must say I found enough gold on these claims to pay for a handful of memberships over the years. It's well worth the money if you're looking for claims that have produced big gold nuggets! I've seen them as big as 6-7 solid ounces come from these claims over the years.

This year the club has some scheduled dozer pushes in line. I heard they are planning (5) pushes this season, so it should open up some good ground and some nice nuggets will be found. Rich Hill is one of those places where you can push ... push ... and push and keep finding gold.

If you need more specific information I can give that to you later about the club. Just wanted to place a post up about the increasing membership dues before it's too late. I've known the owner a long time and thought I would help promote the club for this years prospecting season at Rich Hill.

I'm not getting any kick-back for promoting the club, just doing this as a favor to help them get more memberships. Make sure you tell Elly you seen the information here or talked with Rob Allison @ Rob's Detector Sales.

Here is the contact information if you're looking to join the club:

24 Karat Gold Hunters

Elly Loften

PO Box 1351

Congress, AZ 85332

twentyfourkarat@hughes.net

1-928-427-0011

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hey Rob,

I believe the last time that I talked to Elly, that she told me she planned a push in Nov.. However that has been awhile ago and things can change.

I will have to give her a call and see if the plans are still the same.

I think she said that anyone that was on the claims would have to leave the day before the push. In order to be fair to everyone.

Bob T.

• Admin

Hello Bob,

Elly just sent me an email ealier today. I thought she mentioned October for the pushes, but I could be wrong. They are going to do (5) pushes (200x200ft) to start with. Then every so often they are going to re-push those pushes until they are down to bedrock.

If I also remember correctly the claims will be shut down before the pushes. I'm sure people will be watching people if you know what I mean ... :o

I'm at school right now, will catch up with you later tonight.

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello All,

Here is part of the email that Elly sent me -

We are opening 5 areas on October 14 - 8am. Each area is almost an acre (200 x200). After that, we will go back to 1 area each week and take it down another foot. SO there will be a fresh push each week. And each one of the 5 sites will be pushed once every 5 weeks. Kind of a round robin type thing. These areas will be open to members only.

Elly

This should give you a better idea of her plans this season. I'm sure some nice gold will turn up.

Talk with you all soon,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Bob,

Very possible to score a dink, or even a nice one. Rich Hill is just one big Granite boulder strewnfield. At least half the ground is covered by boulders, so you know if you could just move all the boulders a lot of gold would be found. I've done well over the years working with a small coil like the Coiltek Joey and crevicing around the rocks. I've never found any huge by doing this, but have found a handful of smaller nuggets under 1/4 ounce in size. About 4 years ago a friend from Bagdad found a nice 2.50 ounce solid gold nugget by crevicing. I must have walked around the spot a million times and never stuck the coil between those two rocks.

I'm sure the pushes are going to expose some new gold. However, it might be tough will a hundred Minelab PI users interfering with each other! :huh:

Probably best to let me check them out first and I will let everyone know which ones are the better ones. :)

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello All,

Here is a post from I believe Tom Ennis that was posted on another forum -

Rich Hill Paydirt

Super-Push October 14, 2006!!!!!

Five Sites To Be Opened

AT LAST!

October 14 is the day we run up the hill and drop our prospecting equipment onto newly excavated ground.

We will be opening five areas, each one approximately 200” X 200” which is slightly less than an acre, at 8am on that Saturday morning. These areas will be open to members only. No guests or non members will be allowed on the excavated sites.

The site preparation is done with a bulldozer under the supervision of our Claims Manager, Tom Ennis.. We will take one foot of overburden off of each of the selected areas. Then after the opening on the 14th of October, we will go back to one site each week and remove another foot of overburden. Therefore each site will have more overburden removed every 5th week.

We have been asked why we do it this way rather than dig directly to bedrock the first time. The reason is: there are pay zones all the way to bed rock. To not work the overburden is like throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Additional Security

Please take note, we are going to close down the Devil’s Nest and Hackberry claims from October 1 to October 14 so that we may complete the pushes and have them untouched until the morning of October 14.

So, if you come up to see what we are doing, leave you prospecting stuff at home.

The Suns group of claims, the Desert Specials, and the JB’s will all remain open. No problem if you wish to prospect there.

We are going to beef up security and have 24K security guards on the Devil’s Nest and Hackberries to keep people off the new pushes. If you wish to volunteer, contact Elly at 928 427 0011.

Any member found prospecting on the new push sites prior to October 14 will have their membership cancelled. Non members will be turned over to Yavapai County Sheriff's Office.

Questions? Our phone numbers and addresses are published in the left column of this page. Please contact us and we’ll try to answer your questions..

Published by the

24 Karat Gold Hunters

* Founder

Elly Loftin

* Claims Manager

Tom Ennis

P O Box 1351

Congress, AZ 85332

Toll Free: 866 713 0608

Local: 928 427 0011

Fax: 928 427 0440

Email:

twentyfourkarat@hughes.net

Let her know You read it here

Thanks

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello All,

A customer called tonight asking about the 24 Karat Gold Hunters membership. What I might not have clarified is if you get in before Sept. 1st 2006 you're "Grandfathered in at the $275" fee for life. That means if you decide to join up for another year you would only pay $275 rather than $350. If you don't join before Sept. 1st you will have to pay $350 for the first year and $350 for every year after that.

One nugget can easily pay for the membership! :D

John - I'm actually taking classes for an Apprenticeship.

Take care,

Rob Allison

I talked to Ellie tonight and she has moved the dues change cutoff date to September 10th. In talking with her I asked about the confusion that might be created at the push site with Minelabs and the possibility of them intefering with each other. She laughed and said what she said to everyone else and especially one individual who became angry and I quote "Take it up with the manufacturer" So guys if you plan on using a minelab at the push and there is inteference then no complaints or do the above.

• Admin

Hello Pondmn,

Good to hear Elly moved the date back on the new membership fee. I'm sure there will be 75-100 people waiting to hit the pushes that morning. It's going to be a mad house, since the majority of the people in the club are Minelab PI users. :unsure:

The interference among detectors will be so bad you will only probably hear a multi-ouncer on the surface! :wacko:

Jerry, just bring your VLF. :P

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Bob,

I have experienced the same thing even with the Minelab PI's. My only explaination is the fact newly exposed soil, especially clays are much hotter. Older more exposed soils have weathered to some degree. Maybe someone has a technical answer for this? :mellow:

Bob, leave the GP at home, just bring the Bug. :rolleyes:

P.S. Talked with the claim owner that I referred you to. Sounds like the "Red Skins" are putting pressure on them. <_<

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Rob,

Yep, to the pressure, and its going to be sooner than later.

Remember back when I had those claims over at Rich Hill, and all the nuggets that you took off them, before we assigned them over to Elly?? He, He.

I was wondering how much interest those nuggets have drawn by now?? :lol::o:P

Just jerking your chain.

I did find a few way up by that big stack of dirt and off to the right of it. Nothing big.

Last one that I found over there was just off the west side of the old road of the east boundary.

Later. Bob T.

• Admin

Hello Bob,

What claims (names and area) did you own before you sold them to Elly? Did you sell them to Elly, or did Jerry Kate get them from you?

Bob, anything under about an ounce I tossed back.

Man, I can still remember the days at Rich Hill with the SD2000 and then with the SD2100. I've better keep that under my hat though. :P

P.S. I would assume if I purchase Nugget Bob's patch map for $5,000 off of Ebay I could find a small fortune. :o

Take care,

Rob Allison

Rob I always wondered why everything that I found over there was always under an oz., now I know.

I don't know how you can sleep, knowing that you took all the big stuff and left us all those little ol 1/2 & 3/4 oz-er's.

We didn't sell anything to Jerry. Sold them to Elly.

Had the claims up above Sweany's Hackberry's. Remember that big ol dirt pile up there??

We also had the JB group that Elly got from us.

Bob T.

Yo All...Shep just emailed me a question about my custom Rich Hill Club Claims map and the 24K Club Claims shown on it....The 24K Claims are identified as "Rich Hill Gold Hunters Club" claims and outlined in black...That was the club's name before Ellie changed it back to the 24K name...Pretty extensive claims....Guess I better get into my program and change the name for all future maps...Cheeers, Ron

• Admin

Hello Uncle Ron,

If I was you, I would bring a bunch of your newly printed Rich Hill maps to the push. I'm sure you could sell a bunch of them there. I need to get another one, so make sure you bring at least one for me.

For anyone that don't know, Ron Long, also known as "Uncle Ron" makes custom topo maps. He can make a map of anywhere you want, but has a bunch of pre-make maps of the major placer locations in Arizona. The Rich Hill map has a lot of the major club claims listed so you know what is claimed and by whom. The maps are worth every penny in my opinion!

You see more information about these custom maps, Arizona Custom Topo Maps, Click Here

Colorado Bob - I know exactly where your old claims are. Was it you that made the big settling pond up there? I know Jim Sweany's did well in one particular spot on the lower end of his claims. Ipersonally found a couple of small virgin patches up there over the years. Biggest stuff was around 1/2 ounce with a lot of Dwt pieces.

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Hey Buddy,

What-cha been up to? Seen you around here and there.

Is twilla [sp.] making any progress on that thing, or are they just dinking around with it??

Man, I tell you what, that is my new quad. I get around 50 mi to the bale and she runs in four wheel drive all the time.

She is not real fast but if I need a little more speed or just want to kick-er into hyper drive, I carry a long stick with a carrot on the end of it. :lol::P

Later Bob T.

Hi Rob and all........Rob thanks for the shout out on my maps...I appreciate it very much...At the request of the club, I'm adding a new club map showing all of the Havasu Gold Seekers claims over near the Lake Havasu area...It takes a good bit of time to do them, but I should have them done soon...Cheers, Ron

Hey Buddy,

What-cha been up to? Seen you around here and there.

Is twilla [sp.] making any progress on that thing, or are they just dinking around with it??

Man, I tell you what, that is my new quad. I get around 50 mi to the bale and she runs in four wheel drive all the time.

She is not real fast but if I need a little more speed or just want to kick-er into hyper drive, I carry a long stick with a carrot on the end of it. :lol::P

Later Bob T.

Yeah I thought you were getting around 40-50 miles to the bale :lol: I don't know about that Twilla :rolleyes:

You been doing O K ???

Maybe have to go out there and check out that "Push" them peeps have planned

Smiles

Buddy

• Admin

Hello All,

Just wanted to remind anyone that hasn't joined the club yet that the change in membership fees has been pushed back to Sept. 10th. Anyone looking to get Grandfathered in at $275 per year better call soon. After Sept. 10th the yearly membership fee will be $350 per year. In October there will be several pushes on some old patches, so if you're not a member you will not be able to participate.

Hope to see you all out there, but not in my patch! :P

Rob Allison