a little gold yesterday

Got to ride up the hill, this time. Much better; the ride down was even better. Found a couple little ones. Grubstake is still feeding his skunk :angry: Here's a picture of the crap we're having to crawl through to find the last bits and morsels. Using the Platypus. The wallaby is great, but this is lighter and gets into those tight spots.

A little funnie for Rob.When we got to where we were going to start; turned on the detector and it just wouldn't ground balance. Just move it a couple of inches and it'll sound off. Started to sweat, words were forming in my head, come to find out, I just started in an extremely trashy area :huh:

post-55-1158512022_thumb.jpg

post-55-1158512069_thumb.jpg

post-55-1158512102_thumb.jpg

post-55-1158512384_thumb.jpg

• Admin

Hello Shep,

I could only imagine what you were thinking! :wub: Grubstake sent me a PM and the first thing that popped into my head was a "bad coil!" :angry:

Good to hear you guys could drive up there this time. Grubstake keeps smoking those cigs he's not going to be around long. :(

Congrats on the new nuggets and good to hear the Platypus is knocking them down up there. That coil is selling very ... very well.

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Jerry,

I've heard so much about the Chevy Duramax I'm tempted to go purchase a new one before they change the emissions in 07. :( I have heard the Duramax with the Allison :D Transmission is the "Cat's Meow!"

Grubstake - Get off those cigs! Next time tell Shep you will use the quad, but he will have to walk. This will give you a jump start on him. :)

Take care,

Rob Allison

Rob I've got 18,000+ miles on my 06 Duramax and love it. If I was going to get a new one I would definately try to get one before the put any additional emmissions on it. I pull a 14,000 GVW toyhauler and it will pull it up any hill I've tried so far without lugging. I towed it to the High Sierra's camping and fishing last week and it did not miss a beat. I am averaging 19-20 mpg on the road without the trailer. Jerry

Some bad news for me, and good news. I can't get the Honda tomarrow, he tried to get it started, it ran fine for a few minutes, then quite. He took it to the Honda shop for a tune-up and new battery, so after its done they will bring it up. I was hoping to have it for this weekend, but now it may be a bit longer. But will be in top shape. OH Well. Grubstake

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Jerry - I want one so bad right now, but with the new home just about finished I'm not sure I can budget it. It might be a year or so realistically before I can get one. If something would happen where we don't get the house, a new truck is first on my list, including a quad!

Any idea how the Chevy/GMC Duramax compares to Ford's Powerstroke? :P

Grubstake - Those Honda's run forever my friend. I owned three of them over the years. The first one I owned was a Honda 185s ATC. I believe it was 1983, which was the first year for the ATC. A couple of years later I got the "Big Red," which was a little bit bigger and was a 200cc engine. Later I got a 250s, which was more of a racer than cruiser. You can't beat a Honda, they run forever if you do just the basic maintence on them.

At least when you get the ATC it will be running in good order and with a brand new battery. That 8+ ouncer can wait another weekend! :huh:

Take care,

Rob Allison

Yep, your right about that, only bad part was my sister called after I had taken my camper shell off, a few hours earlyer, and I would still have it on. Now I have to put it back on when I get back from the heart DR. tomarrow afternoon. Grubstake

Rob, I don't know about the Duramax, but my uncle has one a Ford f-250 with a 5 speed and a Powerstroke in it, that truck will pull like crazy, and gets 26 miles to a gal. empty. It will go anywhere. only thing he has done is change out the auto hubs, to manual. much better. The auto hubs would not unlock all the time, but with the manual ones, you know there locked or unlocked for sure. His is a 1996, 7.2 liter power stroke, only has about 60,000 on it now, all hwy. miles. Only time it gets used it going detecting. other wise he use's one of his company trucks, also fords, but f-150's two wheel drive. Grubstake