"24K GOLD HUNTERS CLUB SUPER PUSHES 2006"

• Admin

Hello All,

Well I just returned from the 2006 24K Gold Hunters Club "Super Pushes." Man, talk about a great turnout, there must have been at least 75-100 people that attended this weekend. I'm sure the weather scared some off, but they really missed out since the rain disappeared Saturday morning and the weather was great the entire weekend! :D This event wasn't just for the hardcore nugget hunters, but wives, girlfriends, friends and children all attended this great outing.

QUEEN OF RICH HILL - "ELLY LOFTEN" :wub:

superpush01.jpg

All through the weekend nuggets were being found on pushes 1-5. The first nugget was found by Joan, which was a nice nugget attached in some schist bedrock. Finding the first nugget earned Joan a full year membership for FREE!

Another FREE membership was issued to my great friend, Mr. Jim Pressley. :D Jim found the biggest nugget of the day, which weight almost 6 Grams.

Approx. 20-25 gold nuggets were found the first day, most of them with the Minelab Pulse Induction Metal Detectors. There must have been another 10 nuggets located before I left Sunday afternoon. Total nugget count was around 35 nuggets as of around 2pm Sunday afternoon. I would expect many more nuggets to be found during the course of the week.

I got to meet some great new friends and customers over the weekend. I finally got to met Earl and his family and several other local nugget hunters. Uncle Ron was also at the pushes and hunting hard with the Minelab SD2100.

I spend most of my time talking with members and helping them work their metal detectors. I did end up hunting a few hours Saturday and about one hour today and located (3) gold nuggets from the pushes. Seems like pushes 2 & 5 were the hot producers of the week.

No giant nuggets were found, but there is a good chance one could be buried at depth.

Overall, the event was presented very well. Elly and the board members really came through on this event. I have to give a lot of credit to Jim Waddill (head security) and Larry (claims patrol) for keeping people of the pushes for a couple of weeks.

The 24K Gold Hunters Club is really coming around. I expect more and more members to join as the pushes will continue and more and more gold will be found. The club has several lectures scheduled and some other great things!

If you're looking to join a club where you have a great chance of finding your first gold nugget, or maybe even your 100's, this is the club to join. The members are very helpful and friendly and make you feel at home! ;)

Check out the pictures below -

Take care,

Rob Allison

Yo Rob, you're right, that was a cool beepin' get together...It was great to get to meet new folks and some of the guy's like Leaverite and Earl from the forums...As always it was good to see Jim P. and you and especially seeing Jim score that beauty...Jim, was it 2.9 dwt?....Clean it up and post it....Rob, I understand you got a couple more off that same patch?....How bout posting your's too...I got back out today and hunted several of the pushes with less crowding and was amazed to find so many targets in areas that were just plain hammered by many other folks...Unfortunately none of my targets were gold, but I chased a bunch of some damn boot tacks way down deep in rotten bedrock....Also found a lot of very old lead (plus some newer stuff too)....Anyhow, I had a great time and it sure looked like every one else did too...I topped the day off getting my new 24 K Gold hunters hat...Elly had'em done in white so us summer hunters don't get fried brains....Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

• Admin

Hello Uncle Ron,

Great seeing you this weekend. I guess right where Jim P. and I hit our nuggets several other smaller ones were found. I heard that another 5-6 nuggets were found in push 5 Sunday. Did you happen to see any? I also heard about 3-4 more came from push 2 Sunday.

I'm waiting for a reply email from Elly so I can get an up to date nugget count. I'm guess it's going to be around 40 nuggets now. I'm sure through this week several more will be plucked from the pushes.

Very easy to miss the small nuggets, especially at depth with all the PI interference.

P.S. Elly stated Jim's nugget was either 5.9 or 6.9 Grams. That would make it an easy 4+ Dwter! Right on Jim P. :P

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Earl,

Yep, it was great finally getting to meet you and your family. I think that is awesome your Son found that nugget in the push. :D I heard all about it later in the day when I came down. Looked like your Son and Daughter really enjoyed being out there.

Hope to bump into you again either in the gold or meteorite fields.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hi Rob and all, sorry to be so late on the reply as usual. Gaine! glad to hear everything is ok for you over there. Here's the Pics you asked for

3.2DWT nugget. Bigger than I thought :D

post-25-1161128297_thumb.jpg

Looking toward the "HILL" shrouded in clouds

post-25-1161129149_thumb.jpg

Downhill from Larry's camp

post-25-1161129122_thumb.jpg

The #4 push, Rich Hill in the background

post-25-1161129232_thumb.jpg

A Picture of a picture :blink:

post-25-1161129256_thumb.jpg

Good to see you Ron, it's been too long.

Earl, good to see you again. Great kids. I'll have to bring my two along next time.

Dennis, Glenn, Lazslo, Mark, Tim, Tom, Jim... Here's your wave ;)

It was a fun day. Thanks to Elly and her crew for all the hard work. Hope I can get out there again soon. Later...Jim P.

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Just walked with Glenn and he mentioned he ran out to the pushes this morning and done some hunting. He found a small nugget in push 5 right away. Sounds like nuggets are still being found by the methodical nugget hunters! :unsure:

Be interesting to see how push 1 turns out this weekend? I only know of one or two nuggets found there and had much higher hopes for it. The dozer operator don't know much about gold, so I'm hoping someone will give him some advice on pushing depth and what to look for.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Thanks Gaine, yep pretty much solid. The gold from that area is so dense it's hard to believe it's weight for it's size. Good things come in small packages :D

Earl, haven't heard on the membership, I guess Elly will let me know. My boys are 6 and 10. My oldest dug his first nugget about four years ago on one of the Vulture claims during a Roadrunner outing. Maybe we'll see you out there. Later...Jim P.

• Admin

Hello Jim,

To my knowledge its pretty much set in stone that both you and Joan won a FREE 24K Membership for the following year. Funny, Bob, Joan's husband actually found the first nugget, but didn't tell Larry about it right away. Within no time Joan found her nugget and announced it as the first nugget. Bob, started to question Larry about why he didn't win and then heard it was his wife that won the membership! :P Bob and Joan are both great people and master nugget hunters.

Elly will probably just tack on an extra year in the computer so you might not actually receive anything. You will probably just get the new badge next year with the extended membership. However, I could be wrong, so don't quote me on this.

Take care,

Rob Allison