GREAT RICH HILL WEEKEND!

• Admin

Hello All,

Friday morning Leaverite and I headed out to the 24K Gold Hunters Claims for a couple of days. The weather was beautiful Friday with overcast the entire day. Friday there were only a few guys roaming around the claims, so Leaverite and I spent majority of the day hunting hard. I ended up with (4) nuggets Friday, over 7.5 Dwt's in weight. Leaverite didn't score, but hunted hard.

Saturday the club conducted another push, but it didn't turn out very well since the dozer went down the day prior. I know of one nugget around 2.5 Grams that was found in the push. Leaverite, Steve, Kitty, Karl, Uncle Ron and a few others worked up the hill in hopes for a gold nugget. I ended up scoring a small nugget in an old patch area and invited the guys up to have a look. We spent a good hour BSing at the nugget location and then a couple of the guys tried working around where I found the nugget.

I pointed a few spots out to Uncle Ron and suggested he try the smaller coil crevicing around. Low and behold Uncle Ron found a nice 1.2 Dwt nugget in a crevice. Great to see friends score a nugget from the old Hill. About 3-4 weeks prior I pointed this area out to Steve and Kitty and Steve scored a nice 1.7 Dwter and a smaller nugget.

Saturday's turnout was good and later in the day they had a Chili Potluck. Talk about some good Chili! :D Not as many nuggets found this weekend, but everyone's spirits were high. Next weekend will be Push # 2 and I'm positive some nice nuggets will be found then.

Below are a couple of pictures. "Click" on the pictures to enlarge them. I ended up with (5) gold nuggets, all found with the GPX-4000 and Coiltek 14-inch Round Mono. My nuggets weighed (L to R) 0.25, 0.45, 0.55, 3.25 & 3.40 Dwt's for a total of "8 Dwt's!" :D

Second picture is a couple of the guys working around where I found a nugget.

Great to see Karl from Texas, Uncle Ron and a bunch of other new faces. Nothing like finding some gold with friends.

Take care,

Rob Allison

I arrived at the 24k claims last Monday with a brand new (still in the box) GPX 4000 and began trying to learn the Machine. It was our first time on the claims so there is a learning curve there too. I wasn't able to get the 4000 over any gold but the people I met are a true treasure. I belong to several clubs but I have never met a more friendly or helpful group. Donna and I were realy impressed with all the fine folks we met and Elly is at the top of the list. Her friendship is priceless. I'll be back for a few days after Christmas. See you all then.

Bill

Hi Bill!

It was a pleasure to meet you and Donna! I really enjoyed hunting with you and Donna! I apologize for not getting with you to say good bye before you and Donna left. Please send me a PM with you address and email contact information. I have some images that I want to send to you!

Rob!

I had a great time hunting with you, Leverite, Steve, Kitty, and Uncle Ron!

I haven't seen a bigger smile on some one's face to match the smile on Ron's when he presented his "First Climber Nugget" It was a smile of complete happiness and satisfaction! Congratulations Ron! And a nice size nugget as well!

Have a great day everyone!

rgds

Karl

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Karl - Great to see you again also. Glad you got over some nuggets before you headed back to the Great State of Texas! :D I probably should have stuck around Saturday night, since Reg Sniff showed up Sunday morning at Rich Hill. I didn't know he was showing up there or I would have stuck around another night. I might have found another nugget or two. :rolleyes: Give me a call tonight if you get a chance.

SkipperBill - Great meeting you and your wife. The more you use the GPX-4000 the more you will like it. I'm finding out new setting combinations every time I go back out with it. I haven't been skunked with it yet, so I'm hoping the trend continues. The people you meet on the 24K Gold Hunters Claims are all great. If you ever have any questions on the GPX-4000 feel free to call, email me or post it here. I'm looking forward to the new Coiltek Battery System for the GPX.

P.S. Where the heck is CrownKing Steve? He used to post all the time ... :huh:

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hey Rob

It was great seeing you, Dennis and Uncle Ron again. Also got to meet Karl and Skipperbill, really nice guys. Congrats to Karl and Ron on their nuggets. Oh yeah, and you too Rob :P:D .Me and Kitty and Rufus got skunked. Hope to see you all up there again. I'm going back up saturday and try again.

Take care all,

Talk to you later,

Steve

P.S. Hey Rob, bring me some of your skunk repellant! :D

Hello Rob,

Don't know if I'm camping or not. Done pretty good on that push 2 before. Gotta try again. Hot spots? Just my campfire! :D

Talk to you later,

Steve

Hello Steve,

Are you camping out, or just going out for the day (Saturday)?

You have an hot spots up there you can show me? :D

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Hello Jim,

How you doing. We'll be fighting over that skunk repellant! :lol: See you up there saturday.

Take care,

Steve

• Admin

Hello CrownKing Steve,

I received your PM about the coil. I'm not 100% sure what is going to happen this weekend. Dawn is wanting to get everyone moved into the new home. I want to go prospecting .... the home can wait! :P

Keep in touch with me before Friday as I should know by then. I need a couple more 3+ Dwt pieces. :rolleyes:

Rob Allison

Hi Rob,

Here are the nuggets I found up at Rich Hill.

The .11 dwt was from above push 5; the other two nuggets .57 dwt and .9 dwt were from the alluvial fan up near the French Slide area. I used a Joey Coil on the .11 and a Wallaby on the other two nuggets.

The further up the slide area I hunted the more hot rocks I encountered.

It was a fun week. I can't wait to be able to get back out to the area.

Have a great week everyone and have lots of success at push 2 site. Hopefully the dozer be able to do its job.

Regards

Karl

post-820-1164865713_thumb.jpg

Hi All,

Well, you guys did a pretty good job of cleaning the gold from the latest round of different pushes. I hunted them starting Sunday for about 3 days and only found one small nugget. I initially guessed that little piece of gold to be about 3 grains, but it actually measured about 7.24 grains or so. So, it comes in about 1/2 of a gram.

This is clearly better than nothing at all, but having hunted this area for many years, it doesn't even come close to the size of some of the nice nuggets I have found in the past. Next time I will try to get there at the start of the hunts. Maybe I will do better.

I have to admit, the pushes do make it easier to find the gold. Unfortunately, the pushes do take their toll on the equipment needed to make the push as noted in another thread. With the equipment as expensive as it is, the club membership is very reasonable.

The reason I mention this is because it is important for people to know that first, the pushes do make it easier for older people like me to find the yellow stuff, and second, such pushes are or can be expensive because of equipment breakdowns. Personally, it is getting harder and harder to climb around the rocks any more. Being old, fat and lazy doesn't help either.

Lets hope the cost of repairing the present cat isn't that great. I plan on coming back down some time in February and hope to get there on a push schedule.

Reg