GP 3500? Should I bury my GP3000?

I bought a GP3000 about 2 years ago, and since then the GP3500 came out. I understand that it is a great detector, but since the GP3500 debuted, (and shortly the GP4000?) I never read anything about the GP 3000. Nothing! Okay, so maybe it is old news, but isn't it still a great machine? Okay, I haven't had the money for an after market coil. But still, I wonder if the whole group is strictly dedicated to the newest and the fanciest?

Rob, you haven't answered my email that I recently sent. (About a month ago) I am still fired up about my Minelab, and I hope I have the opportunity to get out to Arizona to try it out in your neck of the woods. (Not that the gold areas have a lot of woods.)

If anyone knows about a fairly open decent detecting area in the California Gold country, let me know.

Even better yet, drop me a line and maybe we can make an outing of it.

• Admin

Hello Steve,

I never received the email you sent. I receive on an average of 50-100 emails per day through the website. I check my webmail at least 4-5 times per day and respond to all messages the same day if possible. Please make sure you sent it to - auplacers@yahoo.com It is possible that Yahoo caught your email in the "Spam/Bulk" folder. I don't even check these emails, just hit delete! :huh:

The GP3000 is a great detector. Yes the GP3500 is a bit better and the GPX-4000 even more than both. All the main GP3000 talk was about 4 years ago when the GP3500 and GPX-4000 were not available. There was just as much talk about the GP3000 years ago as there is now about the GP3500 and new GPX-4000.

If you have a specific question(s), just post them here and we can try to answer them. I spent at least 3 years with the GP3000 and found pounds of gold.

Shoot me over another email and we can chat.

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Rathbone . The 3000 is great. A mono loop would be a good upgrade. Rob has some used ones for sale cheap. With only the stock DD you are falling behind rapidly. It's a good coil but there would be no market for the many aftermarket models if the stock coil was the best.-----Bob

I bought a GP3000 about 2 years ago, and since then the GP3500 came out. I understand that it is a great detector, but since the GP3500 debuted, (and shortly the GP4000?) I never read anything about the GP 3000. Nothing! Okay, so maybe it is old news, but isn't it still a great machine? Okay, I haven't had the money for an after market coil. But still, I wonder if the whole group is strictly dedicated to the newest and the fanciest?

Rob, you haven't answered my email that I recently sent. (About a month ago) I am still fired up about my Minelab, and I hope I have the opportunity to get out to Arizona to try it out in your neck of the woods. (Not that the gold areas have a lot of woods.)

If anyone knows about a fairly open decent detecting area in the California Gold country, let me know.

Even better yet, drop me a line and maybe we can make an outing of it.

Howdy,

I bought a GP-3000 on Ebay, thinking I could download a User's Manual from Minelab's web site. To my surprise, they don't even list that detector any more. At one time this was touted as being the greates gold detector available and now, they are ashamed of admitting they made it. The name is still on the box.

This is very poor custmer support--no more Minelab detectors for me!

Prospector Al

• 4 weeks later...