Pulse Devil Photo's

Here are some Photos of the Pulse Devil. Keep in mind that these are early photos of the prototype. Doug do you or Dave have newer photo's you could post here. I understand there has been many improvements. I could not view the photo's at prospectingoz.These are the newest photo's I could find at another site.

You have to sign up for the prospecting oz forum with a yahoo e-mail address and then sign in before you can view the photos on the site.

Hi Rex

I did sign up and sign in but like I said I found some photos elsewhere just cant get them to post here at the moment.

Hi Rex

I did sign up and sign in but like I said I found some photos elsewhere just cant get them to post here at the moment.

Go to the photo’s section on my forum and to folder called Pulse Devil PD 1000.

This has all the current Pulse Devil pictures and includes some pictures of the transflective screen that will be used on the production Pulse Devil which is now totally set up and controlled by MPU’s from one knob,there are no other switches or knobs. The production machine is radically different from the prototypes. The PD is also radically different from any other consumer Pi ever made from the point of view of coils, ground canceling method, discrimination and signal processing, pulse lengths and has a backlit transflective screen that can easily be read under any light conditions. The case will be weather resistant and water proof versions of the PD will also be available. The PD through its digital menu will enable users to vary many of the operating parameters and store them. The case is very light weight and contains a rechargeable Li -ion battery from 3.2 amp hours to over 7 amp hours which are all interchangeable very easily. Depending on pulse length used and battery capacity detecting time will be from 8-16 hours.

I hope to have pictures on the production Pulse Devil shortly. They will be on my forum first and when I get the production model to test here I will also take more pictures.

Dave is a member of my forum and if you wish to know more just ask him or use the search function on the opening page of the forum and type in the words Pulse Devil which will bring up all the archive messages on the Pulse Devil.

Doug

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ProspectinginOz/

No I think I'm going to pass on prospectionoz. I dont think anyone should have to join to veiw pictures and yahoo has to many rules and regulations. Plus I would have to lower my computer security settings. It would not let me in because I would not agree with Yahoo's rules and reg's

No I think I'm going to pass on prospectionoz. I dont think anyone should have to join to veiw pictures and yahoo has to many rules and regulations. Plus I would have to lower my computer security settings. It would not let me in because I would not agree with Yahoo's rules and reg's

Thats fine,but at least you can still read the posts. Some other oz forums require you to join to even read there posts! I am surprised that you have to lower your security settings as I have very high multi tiered security settings right up to kernel level protection of the registry and system files on my PC and I never have any problems. Yahoo does have rule and regulations (as do most forums) but it also does have some advantages,eg it is very difficult for spammers to post or for the forum or to be hacked.

good luck and best wishes,

Doug

Doug. what happened with the Pulse devil tests in OZ? I thought they were supposed to be done by now. Also there was mention of tests at Rich Hill in March. I'd love to attend . Any dates ?-----Bob

The dates for Rich Hill have been posted on another forum by Reg Sniff. From memory about 10th March.

I forgot to add that the date is tentative as it will depend on when the software programming and debugging is completed. The PD is totally menu driven using only one knob with the ability of the user to use either suggested “factory presets†which the user can modify if they wish and store onboard or go to an advanced menu where the sky is the limit as to what operating parameters they change.There will be the ability of the user if they wish to store onboard a very large number of the own particular setups for particular locations and give them a name eg Rich Hill could be called RH etc. Next time you visit this location and switch on you will be able to quickly access your favourite or best settings and the PD will instantly set up the PD with them.

Doug

• Admin

Hello Doug,

Thanks for all the updates on the Pulse Devil. Reg Sniff is a good friend, so will be interesting to see how the Pulse Devil will perform on mineralized ground conditions here in the Western US.

Any reports on how this unit will compare to a SD or GP series when it comes to sensitivity or depth? From what I have seen the Pulse Devil is going to discriminate to true detection depth? Is this correct?

I've been spoiled using the Minelab PI's for the last 10 years. Just hard for me to use anything besides Minelab due to their superior gold nugget hunting detectors. Would love to see a good discriminator, but would hate to sacrifice all the mineral immunity and depth for better discrimination.

Thanks for all the reports so far.

Rob Allison

Any reports on how this unit will compare to a SD or GP series when it comes to sensitivity or depth? From what I have seen the Pulse Devil is going to discriminate to true detection depth? Is this correct?

The PD is designed to discriminate to full Pi depth on the fly.In prospecting mode the discrimination is ferrous/non ferrrous=low tone/high tone,in other modes eg coin mode the discrimation is fully adjustable up to pull tabs just like a VLF. To the other question you will have to wait and see. But as the PD can use very much longer pulses than any ML machine one hopes that on very large targets it should go much deeper. The discrimination.signal processing and Gb method are unique to the PD and to my knowledge have never been used on any Pi detector before.

Doug

Hi All,

I haven't been following this thread for the last few days but see I should have been.

Now, as of a couple of days ago, I was informed via email the March 10 meeting in AZ is still on. According to Dave it is going to be tight because of a couple of required changes, but he is hoping all will be done enough for testing by then. At least, that is what Dave is telling me.

Now, I have not seen the PD, so I have not used it, but over the years, I have been privy to some of the techniques used in the development and design. From them I would expect the PD to exceptionally well depth wise and discrimination wise.

I am aware of some of the more unique techniques involved and they are just the type of things I would like to build into the ideal detector.

What I am trying to say is Dave has put a lot of time into this detector and is using some really unique ideas to accomplish what he does. The use of a concentric coil allows for the discrimination and already reduces the ground signal significantly, thus making ground balancing easier.

I hadn't done much with concentric coils until the last couple of weeks because my earliest attempts didn't work as I had anticipated. Well, the last couple of concentric coils I built have impressed me to the point, I will be building several different sizes. In other words, they are working better than I had originally thought and much better than my original designs. From these latest tests, I can see why Dave has decided to use them.

Now, one of the advantages of using this type of coil is the ability to sample early. The earlier one samples, the stronger the return signal, thus, the greater depth of detection capability. The second advantage of a short delay is the ability to detect extremely small gold. What people need to realize is one will obtain both advantages, so it is not just a matter of the ability to detect small gold, but also to obtain deeper detection of both smaller and larger gold.

The other advantage is one I mentioned before. It allows for the discrimination feature. The technique used can't be done with a mono coil and requires either a concentric or a DD type. The concentric type is easier to adjust and has a depth advantage over the DD. I suspect that is the reason why Dave chose the concentric design.

Now, one other basic feature of the PD is the fact it is a high powered unit. However, because of a couple of unique design features, the PD can be adjusted such that battery life can be extended.

So, without giving out too many details, I have tried to provide some info that Dave has mentioned in the past along with my opinions.

Lets all hope he gets things done enough to get a couple of units sent to OZ soon and meet me in AZ next month.

Reg