Found gold without going to Rich Hill

Have you heard about the Washingtin dollars with the printing error. Well guess what I found today when I decided to buy a roll of dollars just to see if I would be lucky.

Well I found two of the dollars that had no printintg around the edges.

So far they are going for over $100 per on ebay.

Iggy :D

Cool find! You should sell it ASAP because as they find additional examples, the value is going down. I just read that they are now starting to find blank planchets with only edge stamping... They are sure screwing up a lot lately! I think it is on purpose to raise interest in numismatics...

Cool find! You should sell it ASAP because as they find additional examples, the value is going down. I just read that they are now starting to find blank planchets with only edge stamping... They are sure screwing up a lot lately! I think it is on purpose to raise interest in numismatics...

They say 300 million coins are printed.

They estimate 300,000 errors.

With those numbers I do not expect the value to go down over time.

I plan on putting them in the vault for now

Iggy :D

I've also heard there's a new error to look for, that being where the edge has been printed but the coin is blank on both sides....Don't know the accuracy of this claim however.

Gary

Now that coin will be worth thousands.

Iggy

I have heard there is some with no In God We Trust on them. Sounds like the new dollar is a real comedy of errors.

:lol: AzNuggetBob :lol:

Bob,

That is the ones I have. They engraved that around the side edge as well at the year and the letter P for Phili where it was made. Want to buy 2?

Lets see 2 oz of gold will do. lol

Iggy

How do you know it came from the philly mint if the mint mark is gone???? I know that the Philly mint is

the only confirmed mint that minted these coins with this error but was unaware that the Fed Reserve would

would ship Philly mints this far west when the Denver mint is right around the corner, kinda defeats the purpose of having the Denver mint.

Rich

I bought a roll of the Washington dollars today.

Was not as lucky as Iggy, but what was strange, was that I thought they were all from Philly, as the were in a Philly wrapper but all of the dollars had a Denver mint mark.

The bank said that they had just received the shipment today. Strange.

Bob T.

How do you know it came from the philly mint if the mint mark is gone???? I know that the Philly mint is

the only confirmed mint that minted these coins with this error but was unaware that the Fed Reserve would

would ship Philly mints this far west when the Denver mint is right around the corner, kinda defeats the purpose of having the Denver mint.

Rich

Rich

The two roles I bought from the bank here in Surprise AZ said Phili Mint on them so I can't tell you anything more. I thought I may have had the rolls paper but it looks like they were thrown out in the trash. Oh also all the others had a P on the edge so I know they came from Phili

Iggy