This is for all you do it yourselfers

My first was a trailer for a atv that I took to Alaska and back. The next a backhoe from Cad Plans kit and after burning 25lbs of 7018 welding rods I was finish. Then I made another trailer to carry it on.The next project was a travel trailer from the frame up and some may have seen it at Decision Corner before Thanksgiving 06. I painted it yellow and white.

I'm sure we have so much talent on this forum and beauty is in the eye's of the beholder.

Chuck Anders

Oh man where do I start.

Dad and I built a goosneck stock trailer 25 years ago he still uses, built lots of feeders, BBQ's, farm implements, bicycles, go-karts, trailers, I spent 7 years in the USMC and got a Navy Achievement Medal for some stuff I built in the Gulf War (extended range UHF antennae for communication with the AWACS bird (the 747 with the disc antennae on top) ramps for my quad, I can't even begin to remember all the stuff I have built. I am glad you started this topic because it hasn't even crossed my mind all the things I have engineered, built, abandoned, been a part of etc..

I guess you guys know me for the Hermit Pick not my best work or is it?....

-Joe

Joe

It sounds like you have been around the block on metal work and yes your picks is the best work I've seen.

My family are farmers also but the best I can remember is building fence and pig pens. :D

So this building is not restricted metal working. You that have done wood working just chime in.

I've built decks,storage building the size as a small house,dog house,cat house :blink: in a tree so she could get away from the dogs.

Anything you made yourself post it here and if you miss something come back and add it.

Thanks!

Chuck Anders

PS That goes for electronics also. I wish had a picture of a metal detector I made from a kit in 1965.Now that had a bad case of the uglys.

Out in the field it pays to be able to fix things with what's available. I use those little $2.98 vice grips for window handles on my Samurai and I've glued many things including the Samurai ignition switch with Goop. I also glued the soles of my boots a couple times, once with Titebond and once with Elmer's Ultimate Glue. Both worked well but the Ultraglue works best for boots.

Here is a couple of fishing lures I made awhile back. The eyes are glass.The frog swims when you tug on it. I couldn't find a box that it fit in so I made that too. Jee I think maybe I have to much time on my hands?? :lol: The yellow one, the center sections spin, The bass love it. It really churns up the water and of course there carved out of BASS wood. :lol: AzNuggetBob

Here is a couple of fishing lures I made awhile back. The eyes are glass.The frog swims when you tug on it. I couldn't find a box that it fit in so I made that too. Jee I think maybe I have to much time on my hands?? :lol: The yellow one, the center sections spin, The bass love it. It really churns up the water and of course there carved out of BASS wood. :lol: AzNuggetBob

A modern day "LUNY FROG"