Question for Allen on Gain GP 4000

Hi Allen

I have a few questions on the gains setting on the new GP 4000. First of all, can you tell me the following?

1- What is the gain setting the Minelab set for the GP machines? I was told by a friend it was 8 is that true?

2- What is the gain setting Minelab set on the GP 3500

3- If the gain is set at 8 that mean the new GP 4000 can almost double the gain setting of all other GP series!

I’m hopeful Minelab will give you the answer to the above questions.

You stated in one of you messages:

The settings I really like cause its extremely quiet is - Sensitive/Smooth, Quiet Audio and a High Gain (12-13). Found a lot of small deep nuggets and fair sized nuggets at depth.

Any other recommendations you have or others members on this forum would be a benefit to all users.

Thanks for any updated information.

Renojim

• Admin

Hello RenoJim,

I will let Allen answer your questions, but from what I seen testing, the GP3500 was equal to about 8-9 Gain Level on the GPX-4000. When you cranked up the gain the GPX-4000 really outshoot the GP3500 on depth and smaller nuggets.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hello RenoJim,

I will let Allen answer your questions, but from what I seen testing, the GP3500 was equal to about 8-9 Gain Level on the GPX-4000. When you cranked up the gain the GPX-4000 really outshoot the GP3500 on depth and smaller nuggets.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hello RenoJim,

Take care,

Rob Allison

Thanks for the information!!

RenoJim