Stevie's New Toy

Hi,

My partner Dudley found us a good deal on a Takeuchi TB-135 excavator. Just got it a few days ago and it looks a lot better than the excavator I've been using all these years - a long handle shovel.

tb135.jpg

Next step is get a thorough going over by our mechanic and round up spare parts. Looks like we are going to have to break the unit down into 3-4 packages to fly it into the mine as our airstrip is still not up to full length and we need the unit this summer to trench for hardrock. Secondary to that will be bulk sampling of the placer. I have a new Gold Claimer trommel on order to use as a test plant.

There are ten more spots open for Moore Creek this summer. Once this unit gets onsite people wanting to run highbankers are going to have it made. We will be able to strip the overburden and maybe even stack up some paydirt for easy shoveling.

Steve Herschbach

Moore Creek Mining LLC

Hey Steve ,

That looks like the ticket for making some piles for the highbankers, it will sure make things easier and with that thumb attachment it'll be real handy for just about anything. Maybe I'll have to do a little more of that highbanking myself this year. Looking forward to June!

Keith

Steve, do you realize that you're living our dream! Owner of a store full of cool toys, got the "steam shovel" that we all wished for when we were kids (rememeber Mike Mulligan and his steam shovel Maryanne?), a gold mine with your name on it and the biggest darn sandbox I've ever seen!

Hi Keith & Gaine,

I won't deny I'm a lucky guy. But there is one point I'd like to make.

I've been posting stories about my prospecting activities for 10 years now. One goal in posting these stories was to show how a regular guy, if he just keeps plugging away, can make those dreams come true.

What I'm living now I dreamed of 40 years ago. It was 35 years ago I first visited Moore Creek and even then I knew it was something special. I went on for years and learned the trade - panning, sluicing, dredging, metal detecting. More important I read everything I could lay my hands on about geology and mining history in Alaska. I got involved in the mining community and got to know the people in the industry.

I ended up with claims first on Stetson & Cooper creeks on the Kenai Peninsula. Then came a couple claims on Canyon Creek and then a group on Mills Creek. I had partnerships on all these claims and learned the in and outs of working with partners.

But all along I've had my eye on the ball, waiting for that right opportunity. I kept tabs on Moore Creek off and on over the years, and the chance to purchase the property finally came in 2003. I was ready. The decision to purchase was made in minutes, a partnership formed by the end of the day, and the deal done in a few days.

It took a long time, but looking back it all had to happen the way it did and at the times it did. The long years of education leading up to Moore Creek has made the execution of the operation seem second nature. I'm still learning a lot, especially about heavy equipment. But things like getting the pay-to-mine operation up and running in short order would never have happened without the years of behind the scenes work I put in prior to Moore Creek coming along.

The moral of the story is that dreams can come true, but that you have to make them come true. They rarely just happen on their own. And you have to know that it is also due to guys like you that this dream is coming true. The good people who have visited Moore Creek are one key to bringing this old mine back to life. The cash flow you've helped provide is being 100% dumped right back into the mine and facilities. I've kept quiet for fear of making promises I can't keep, but you guys coming back this year will reap the benefits. We are going to have fun!

See you guys in a few weeks!!!

Steve Herschbach

Moore Creek Mining LLC

Hi Fred,

Thanks!

I was admiring your coin in a photo yesterday. I found a 1927 Peace Dollar in excellent condition at Moore Creek. You found the 1909 Barber Half (I think it was a half) also in great shape. And Dennis found the 1878 Morgan Dollar, also in excellent condition. I wonder if somebody will find a gold coin at Moore Creek?

Steve H

Roger that Steve! We should all keep reaching for the stars....my first trip to Moore Creek and finding my first nugget was a pretty big part of my ultimate dream. A few years previous, a trip to Alaska would have been beyond my wildest dream but here we are prepping for a 3rd trip. So here's to fulfilling our dreams! See you in June!