"Sunday's Hunt on the Famous Hill"

• Admin

Hello All,

Leaverite and I met up with Jeff and his Son Brandon today at Rich Hill. Jeff and Brandon are from Shasta County, California and flew down for their Minelab GPX-4000 field instructions. They both picked up on the GPX-4000 very quickly, so I'm sure they won't have any problems finding gold nuggets back in the Mother Lode State of California. ;)

Surprisingly Karl Baltz showed up on the 24k Gold Hunters Claims today. Karl, it was great seeing you again. However, don't let my lucky 14-inch Coiltek coil find too much gold for you! :P

Steve and Kitty, great seeing you again. Glad to hear you beat that damn sickness you had. I know you had one nugget before we left. Did you happen to find anymore? Can't believe seven more nuggets were found on that push. :huh:

Leaverite and I managed to find seven nugget between us today. I located the nuggets on the right side of the coil. Half of them were found with the Coiltek 14-inch Mono Round, others with the Coiltek 10x5 Joey Mono.

On the way back home I met up with Bill and Dianna from Oklahoma. Bill great meeting you and thanks for the business. Hope you and yours find some nice nuggets during your trip.

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Grubstake,

The pushes have more gold if someone is willing to work them very slowly. Many run across them quickly and miss the faint signals (nuggets at depth). I believe there was close to ten nuggets taken off one push last Sunday. That particular push is like 3 weeks old and still has nuggets on it.

Would be nice to find something with a little more weight, but at least I'm keeping that skunk far away.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Hello Rob and fellow nugget hunters!

After you and Dennis left Sunday, I found 1 up where you and Dennis found those last nuggets on push 5. Monday I found 4 more, by where you found those last 3. Tuesday me and Kitty spent 1/2 the day on the Keene outing pushes and got skunked. The other 1/2 of the day went back to push 5. Me and Kitty each found 1. Then I went to push 4 and found 2 nuggets in 1 red clay clod. Wednesday we spent all day on the Keene outing push 1. Got skunked again. Dave the caretaker at Stanton found 3. 1 guy named Dion found 1 on the road leading to the push. Thats all I heard that was found on those pushes. Thursday I found 1 on push 2. Then friday I found 1 more on push 2. All in all, it was a great vacation.

Take care....

Steve

Hello Rob and fellow nugget hunters!

After you and Dennis left Sunday, I found 1 up where you and Dennis found those last nuggets on push 5. Monday I found 4 more, by where you found those last 3. Tuesday me and Kitty spent 1/2 the day on the Keene outing pushes and got skunked. The other 1/2 of the day went back to push 5. Me and Kitty each found 1. Then I went to push 4 and found 2 nuggets in 1 red clay clod. Wednesday we spent all day on the Keene outing push 1. Got skunked again. Dave the caretaker at Stanton found 3. 1 guy named Dion found 1 on the road leading to the push. Thats all I heard that was found on those pushes. Thursday I found 1 on push 2. Then friday I found 1 more on push 2. All in all, it was a great vacation.

Take care....

Steve

Steve,

It was great to meet you and Kitty! I left mid-day on Saturday since the heat and bugs were nasty. I ended up with 5 for the week. Glad I finally joined 24K. I'll see you guys at the pushes in October.

Michael

post-58-1177897196_thumb.jpg

Steve,

It was great to meet you and Kitty! I left mid-day on Saturday since the heat and bugs were nasty. I ended up with 5 for the week. Glad I finally joined 24K. I'll see you guys at the pushes in October.

Michael

Hey Mike,

It was a pleasure to meet and hunt with you. Look forward to seeing you again in October. No bugs then I hope! :D

Take care,

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rob, Dennis, Steve and Kitty,

I apologize for not getting on the forum to say how great it was to see all of you on Sunday!

As I was driving up the road to the 24K pushes, it just felt so strange not to see anyone and then as I rounded a curve I saw the trucks up on 5 and even from a distance I recognized your truck Rob! As I parked I realized you were giving a lesson and I didn't want to distract you.

It felt like coming home after being on the road for a long time and seeing one's family all gathered around to welcome me back! It was great to see all of you again. I have to move closer that is all there is to it!

I can't wait to get back out again and spend more time.

I'm planing a long trip in the fall around when the pushes begin again.

Rob, I found me a little one gram'r down at LSD on Monday morning! That 14" coilteck works real good. I went back to stock GP3000 configuration without the SuperFix. It is an impressive coil!

Well I have to get back to work!

All of you have a great week and stay cool!

Regards

Karl

"The real gold I've found are my friends!"

• Admin

Hello Karl,

I was very surprised to see you up there, but it was great! :) How is my old Coiltek 14-inch working for you? That is a proven gold finder. :P

I was really busy that month with field instructions. It a bit slower now, but still have some instructions to give for some new Minelab purchases.

Hope to see you more out there way when it cools off a bit. I'm heading to the higher country for a week of nugget hunting.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison