Today's Short Hunt in new Area

• Admin

Hello All,

Leaverite and I decided to hit a new spot before it got to freaking hot today. We were on the road at 3am and arrived at the hunting location around 6am. The area was pretty shallow, so we both decided to use the Coiltek 10x5 Joey Mono Searchcoils on the GPX-4000's. After about 4 hours of hunting this new area I ended up with 3 small nuggets. Not much to get excited about besides we found nuggets in a completely new area! :D By the looks of the area, more nuggets will be found in the near future.

Here are the ones I found today.

Rob Allison

Hey Rob and Dennis!

I'm green with envy!

Even a little gold is better than no gold!

Hope you are both out today and finding a lot more!

Karl

• Admin

:wacko: Hello Guys,

It's always nice to find new spots. It was so freaking hot, I think we are going to save that spot for the Winter season. There is a lot of potential in that area, just too far to drive and hunt during the Summer.

We did check out another spot not too far from home this morning. Glenn picked up his new GPX-4000 last night and wanted to get some time with it before he leaves for Moore Creek, Alaska. I was so pooped, I didn't even get out and hunt at the first location. :( We decided to hit the second spot and I finally was awake enough to find two small copper nuggets and two dinky pieces of gold.

P.S. For all the recent GPX-4000 customers, just let me know when you want to get out. It's so freaking hot right now, figured most of you guys are staying inside! :P Most weekends work for me if you're willing to brave the heat. :wacko:

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello DrKillStick,

Welcome to the forums. :D Thanks for the comments about the pictures. It's always fun to find the gold nuggets laying right on the bedrock.

I know all about ditching work and prospecting. Back in the early to mid 90's I was hitting the electronic prospecting hard core. If there was a chance I could skip work for a bit of nugget hunting I would. However, back then finding 1/4 - 1/2 ounce per day wasn't very hard. Sure miss those good old days.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hello DrKillStick,

Welcome to the forums. :D Thanks for the comments about the pictures. It's always fun to find the gold nuggets laying right on the bedrock.

I know all about ditching work and prospecting. Back in the early to mid 90's I was hitting the electronic prospecting hard core. If there was a chance I could skip work for a bit of nugget hunting I would. However, back then finding 1/4 - 1/2 ounce per day wasn't very hard. Sure miss those good old days.

Take care,

Rob Allison

1/2 oz days are nice but if I can find one nice "picker" on top I am totally happy with that.

What's really neat about finding in the bedrock like that is when you see the tip and as you dig around it seeing the nugget get bigger and biggger......well that is what you hope for.....any way...

If I am lucky enough to find one on top this weekend I will put up a pic

Hey Rob nice, I see your keeping that skunk away. :P You know I started reading this post and I was thinking the same thing as everybody else. Your find photos are great because they show that moment of good target or junk, and for those that have not found their first yet. It shows how the nuggets lay as they travel. If you look at how the nuggets are laying when found it gives you a perspective on how they are rounded up or flattened on one side as they travel from point A to point B. A being the vein, B the nearest creek or wash. And possibly the probable source direction. I don't pack a camera up hunting, sometimes I wish I did, Its always nice to see what they look like when found still in the hole and undisturbed. I've dug a few I know it takes a lot more time to dig without disturbing them, Keep posting the as found photos. I think people can learn a lot from them. B) AzNuggetBob

• Admin

Hello Bob,

Good talking with you today. Always nice to keep that Skunk far away if possible. I really love the Minelab GPX-4000. I don't think I have been skunked with it yet! :D We will have to hit it hard this coming Winter season.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Bob,

Tried to open the pdd file you sent over. I downloaded a free program that will open those files, but the file is nothing but a black screen with some kind of writing on it. Might just have to come over and get a real copy. :D

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Hey Rob If you have my original, it has patches that were never published. If is drawn on a older topo with yellow hylighter marking the patches its probubly the original. you'll also find my signiture on the bottom. There is another clue that Im not going to discuse here, you"ll know. Some of those patches may have been discovered since I wrote that map but you never know? Enjoy AzNuggetBob Oh of course I get 10% you know, Just kidding. :P:D But I would like to see it again. I think there is a few patches I forgot about. :o

Hello DrKillStick,

I know what you mean, cause I'm happy to just find a single nugget when I'm out.

Do you own a metal detector right now, if so, what type?

It's just a matter of time and you will find a nice nugget.

Rob Allison

Yes, I just bought a GB 2 with a 6 1/2 and 10 inch coil.

My 1st trip out I got a 97 grain quartz and gold specimen and a smaller flake. the same day my freind found a a pennyweight nugget in his yard with my detector.....I found my gold in his yard as well.

I am considering a GPX 4000 since it seems to be the weapon of choice these days.

I have been mining for years and have 4 dredges sitting on the bank of my claims.........but I like the detecting better.....it's true hunt and a trophy hunt.

I became a beliver when we allowed someone to come out on our claim and detect while we sniped and dredged.....The guy found 2 nuggets over 5 oz's in one day..........I always owned nice detectors I just couldn't get them to work and I always could find gold in the creek within minutes.......

I love detecting even though I have a about 100 hours of nails and digging holes without any yellow over the last month......