Another of Grubstakes secret spots

Hit another of Grubby's secret spots this morning. He's seen gold from here. If anyone gets the chance to hunt with Gary and he says there's gold there; it is! Got a load of boot tacks, wire, and .22 bullets, but did find four pieces. Biggest- 8.3 dwt, little guy was .3 gms. I stayed a bit later than Gary and as usual, call him on cell going thru town, that I got off hill okay (he's like a mother sometimes :innocent0009: ). Total weight-10.2 dwt.

post-55-1185671040_thumb.jpg

• Admin

Hello Shep,

Congrats on nice nugget finds! ;) However, you need to let Gary get a nugget every so often. :D I think Gary is holding out for the monster Mariposa nugget.

Crownking Steve, Kitty and I went out today. We hit a bunch of old washes and I thought I was going get my first skunk with the GPX-4000. The very last wash of the day, Steve and I took a total of 5 gold nuggets. Steve got a nice 1.8 Dwter, second largest gold nugget he has found. See, I do take people to spots, just the nice people. :P:D

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hit another of Grubby's secret spots this morning. He's seen gold from here. If anyone gets the chance to hunt with Gary and he says there's gold there; it is! Got a load of boot tacks, wire, and .22 bullets, but did find four pieces. Biggest- 8.3 dwt, little guy was .3 gms. I stayed a bit later than Gary and as usual, call him on cell going thru town, that I got off hill okay (he's like a mother sometimes :innocent0009: ). Total weight-10.2 dwt.

Very Nice!

Congrats

Shep was not so hot on going to that spot, he wanted to go to one of our other spots, but I told him the story, about the guy's from OK. going there while I worked at Bagby, I got a lot of info, during the 5 years I worked there as campground manager. its still in my head, I think I made a believer out of Shep today, Grubstakes not full of bull. If I say it its the facts. :P:P:P:P:P:P Grubstake

Yeh! Thats what I said, you wanted to hit Scott's place again. But I talked you into going to this place. I listen to what I hear, I remember from 14 years back, about this new place, never hunted it with gold detectors, But now we will. Next weekend Pondmn{Jerry} wants to go too. I have a bunch of places, just no time or gas, or people that want to go. I can't go by myself anymore, my wife layed the law down to me, due to my heath issues. Grubstake PS and yup Shep, you have to report to me on your way through when you stay out longer than me. I would not like to see you get hurt, and if you did. Well I'm the only one that would know where to look for you. After all I don't want to lose friends, to mistakes that can happen in the field.

• Admin

Hello Grubstake,

Leaverite mentioned this weekend that he missed that crystal clear water in the Merced. We are actually getting a good amount of water, some of the creeks are starting to run. I'm hoping we get a very wet Winter. Would love to drop the dredge back in a few creeks.

On another note, hopefully we both can get back up there to hunt with you again. I know I really enjoyed it.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Well you can come on up here anytime you want, I'm about sick of being sick, but maybe I will have that wipped soon. and the weather needs to get a little cooler. But I'm still good for a half day in this hot stuff. Sept will be much cooler and I will get out much.much more. I should have my prostrate and kidney problem wipped by then, I hope! Grubstake