"Oops Patch" gives up one more

Yo All...Got out to the Rich Hill area, actually the edge of the much pounded "Oops" patch on Wednesday...Breaking in my new Wallaby CT 17" Mono...Got a whisper of a signal and down 4" between two rocks in the VERY hard red dirt was this little .3 gram beauty...My first with that coil and, of course, my ol' baboo SD2100...Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubyah

• Admin

Hey Uncle Ron,

The Coiltek 17-inch Mono Elliptical is a deadly searchcoil. I like both the Mono and DD Pro. I'm hoping Coiltek makes the "Super Mono" 17-inch elliptical. I have a prototype and it's awesome!!

Hey, where did you get that coil? :rolleyes:

Congrats on the new nugget find.

Rob Allison

Yo Rob...What's different about the new version that you've been testing...?

I really like the 17" for its sensitivity and stability, but it does get heavy after a while...

I got the coil from Gary from Prescott Valley...He's on some of the forums under "GDM/PV" He has a couple other's for sale too I think...Might even still be on your forum classifieds....Cheers, Unc

• Admin

Hello Ron,

I actually have two different Mono's, really can't say a whole lot about them since they are test coils. They are hotter than the normal mono's, but not sure Coiltek is going to manufacture them. I'm hoping Trev will for the GPX-4000 users.

I believe Gary got most of those coils originally from me. I think they are great coils, don't understand why someone woiuld want to get rid of them.

Hit some of your other patches with the Coiltek 17-inch Wallaby Mono with a slow coil sweep. I know you will find more. ;)

Rob Allison

Hello Uncle Ron,

I bought a 17 in. slightly used DD Wallaby from a guy in Texas and have been praticeing with it on the 24K #1 push (twice) durning cloudy cooler weekends...........An't found any nuggets with it yet just lots of cat wiskers & trash......Probley will be the biggest coil I'll want to swing ..............it finds really small stuff though------------------it will be a coil I will swing the day after a push on the 24K (with the coil size restriction on push days ( it is a good & fair policy to cut down on interferance to fellow MD's on pushes and give everybody quility swing time when a new section opens up)) along with my 14 in. killer elliptical------------ Just one more coil this winter and I'll have a complete coil collection (platypus) :blink: -------That is if my leg heals up for the start of the pushes :( ---------------wonderer

• Admin

Hello Wonderer,

I tried to contact Elly this evening before work, but couldn't get in touch with her. I heard from the Grapevine the pushes will start in mid-October.

Coiltek is making a 11-inch Elliptical Platypus Mono (Waterproof) that will work great for the pushes. This will probably be my coil of choice for the first couple of days and then come back with a bigger coil. I'm hoping Coiltek will have the new coils done before the pushes.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Rob,

Elly said October 13, 2007 push's on both sides of Rich Hill will be opened up.....No news letter has been put out yet as far as I know & things can change (dozer breakdowns, ect., ect.)..........New maps , rule books & ID's are in the making's I've been told.....................I don't like to be the point man on this anouncement as I can't outrun people throwing things at me if things change, because of my bum leg :o ----------------NEW PLATYPUS <_< ==== Mono :blink: ====How much?==== How soon? === Put me on the list for one of the first ;) --------------Wonderer

EDITED: Rob just posted more info. on the 24K new 2007 pushs --->>>> check his new post <<<<--------wonderer

• Admin

Hello GDM/PM Gary,

I'm thinking the price will be about the same as the DD Pro Platypus, which is $219.00. It seems like the DD's are about $10 more expensive over Mono's due to the extra wire being used (my guess). I seriously doubt the new Mono will be anymore expensive unless they do something else to it.

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison