24K push report

A beautiful day today with a little wind and temps in the 80's. The Desert Special claims only saw a few nuggets found but one was at least 1/2 OZ :o . We all went around the hill at 1PM and hit the other 5 pushes hard for 6 hours. There were surprisingly few nuggets found that I heard of. I know that Steve & Kitty got 5 pieces between them on push 2, Rob A got one tiny one and I got one little .4 gram piece on push #2. No big pieces that I am aware of on 4 or 5. I would guess that there were about 100 members in attendance. We'll see what happens tomorrow!

On a side note, I am sitting here at Stanton using my cell phone for internet access via Bluetooth Dial Up Networking to my notebook. Talk about being connected everywhere!

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to give you all a quick update on this weekend. There was one nice nugget found on the "Desert Special" claims that was just under 12 Dwt's. A good friend Rick F. also found one about 1.5 Dwt's on the same push. The other push was unproductive for nuggets.

Around 12-12:30pm everyone headed over to the Devil's Nest claims. Karl Baltz found a nice 6+ Grammer on one of the pushes. Steve (CrownKing Steve) found like 8 small nuggets and his wife Kitty found a small one with a Tesoro Lobo.

I made it a point to go around and ask who found what and I concluded that approx. 25-30 nuggets were found when I left this afternoon.

I ended up with four small ones. Bob "Montana" Dansie was also hunting, not sure if he ended up with any nuggets or not.

The interference the first day was rough if you were using a Minelab PI. :(

I also have a couple of pictures of the biggest nugget and the member that found it.

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hey Uncle Ron,

Two of the pictures showed up pretty crappy (pinkish color). My digital has just about seen better days. It's an old Sony PowerShot A70 that I've had for at least 3-4 years now. I think it's time for a new one.

Here are the pictures of the member that found the nice 12 Dwt nugget. The four small gold nuggets on the new Platypus Mono are mine from the claims.

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hey Terry,

Nice nugget you found there. Did you happen to weight the piece? I was thinking around 2-3 Dwt's.

Thanks for the comments about my metal detector workshop. I received a lot of great comments from members and they want me to come back and do another more advanced one.

Hope to see you up on the claims again.

P.S. Would like to think Reg Sniff for helping everyone out on the more technical questions during the workshop. Reg is a great friends and is know as a PI Guru to most.

Rob Allison

Howdy all,

I ended up with 4 nuggets at the 24K claims this weekend. My last one was 2.1G at about 12", this was my first faint target. I was useing a 4000 and a coiltek 14 round mono. Will post pics in the next couple of days.

Bunk

• Admin

Hello Bunk,

Congrats on the gold nuggets you found. The Coiltek 14-inch Round Mono and the GPX-4000 is a great combo for small or big nuggets at depth. The Coiltek 14-inch Mono is my favorite coil, but the new Platypus Mono is right behind it. The Platypus is finding gold just as small as my Joey Mono.

Glenn went out to the claims today for a few hours. He mentioned he found a lot of dozer fragments, but didn't have any luck on gold.

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Slim,

Ya, I know your right, this guy is not a Minelab dealer. Him and his wife are great people though. Last year they struggled on finding gold nuggets, but found a real beauty this time! ;)

The only Minelab dealer I know named Jerry is Jerry M. from Boise, ID. I've never met Jerry, but know from customers he is a first class type of guy.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Rob and Slim:

All I can say is that the photo is absolutely of the same guy as the one I talked to at RP - no doubt about it. I remember he and his wife are Jerry and Terry - now I might be screwed up there - he could be Terry and his wife might be Jerri. :lol:

No question its the same guy though. I talked with him for more than half an hour and he told me he was headed to Rich Hill in a week or so and that he was going to the 24K pushes (that was about 3 weeks ago). He gave me a Minelab catalog and a business card and told me he was a dealer through Chris Gholson - so I guess technically he is not an official minelab rep, but sells through Chris G. like several other guys. The Catalog was old and had the GP3500 listed as Minelab's newest detector. I am sure I still have his business card around here somewhere.

Next time you guys see him up at the 24K pushes, stop and ask him about it. He was a decent fellow and not hard to talk with or anything like that.

I've met Jerry from Idaho, and no question at all he is a different guy from this one, and he is an official minelab dealer himself.

Chris

• Admin

Hello Reno Chris,

Well I knew I talked with this guy and his wife several times, and just couldn't imagine him being a Minelab dealer. I decided to contact Elly, owner of the 24 Karat Gold Hunters and found out the couple's name.

The couple is David & Dawn P. They are not dealers, nor were they recently in Nevada. They have been in Stanton for some time per the converstation with Elly.

The other guy you're talking about must be a spittin-image of David.

Just wanted to clarify,

Rob Allison